Some sort of bug..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anthony

First off I'm new here, so whats up hows it going lol.

Anywho, i was doing the quest "Laid to Rest" where you have to kill the vampire or whatever. I was on my way to his hideout with the group of followers. I entered the hideout and got about half way through it when i realized none of those people were with me, wtf? so i leave the hideout to find them all sitting outside. Talk to Thonnir and tell him to come on. Enter the hideout, this time he follows but the rest however didn't. Decided to say to hell with it and give it a go with just us 2 but then.. he gets stuck on a rock or something stupid like that, so i carry on without him. Get to the boss and he just completely destroys me. I've Realized i'll need thonnir for this. Exit the cave to see if it fixes him being stuck on the rock and it does but i also wanted the others to join and go along to. I noticed they were heading back to the village so i go to talk to one of them and he challenges me to a fist fight. He hits me a couple time then i swing at him once, all the sudden he draws his sword and sheild and starts attacking me and i also had a 100 bounty on me in that town.. wtf.. but thats not all.. i kill the guy then thonnir attacks so i attack him, i weaken him down to about his last bit of health and he drops to one knew and just breathes heavily. so i'm like ok? just proceed to leave and head to another place. As I was walking i hear footsteps behind me, turn around, its Thonnir.. I've done 2 quests now and he still has not quit following me, i tell him to wait here, he agrees, proceeds to follow. Fast Travel somewhere far away, he follows. i dont know what to do, i tried killing him again, same thing happens that happened the first time.

Sorry to make this so long, just trying to paint the picture here lol, anyone got any ideas on how to make him stop following me, its annoying as hell, i cant turn around without him being right in my face.. he's taking away some of the experience of the game for me, help if you can please lol

Anthony

oh yeah i might should also add that i havnt finished the vampire quest yet, i could try that but ill have to become a little stronger first lol

Siklopz

i have a similar problem. i'm playing a stealth-based character. i managed to clear this vampire cave before i actually took over the quest on the way to another location. i found that if you stealth your way in on the higher ground, you can shoot all the vampires from a distance without being caught. unfortunately, the cave re-spawned all monsters and thronnir followed me in. he's useless. he gets in the way and foils all attempts at stealth. i gave up on the vamps the second time through because he kept getting in the way. now i'm stuck with him. i can't get rid of him and i can't take on the vampire cave because the lummox keeps giving away my location. i really want to kill the bastard, but because he's an "essential" character, you can't really hurt him. i can't even leave him at the mouth of the cave to go in alone. he offers the option, but follows me in anyway. i don't really want to start over, but i'm ready to give up. any suggestions?

Prisioner

Try getting a different companion. Or doing a quest with a set companion; that way he'll be immediately replaced by your new companion. Btw, I'm not sure you can have more than one companion ?

Siklopz

tried that. he still followed me and the other guy. it was on the way to the eldergleam sanctuary to use the nettlebane. the second guy died, but thronnir just keeps on coming. i'm thinking of trying jail time.

Siklopz

ok, seems the only way to get rid of him is to let him follow you around until you kill the master vampire. you can sneak in and leave the rest, but you have to kill the master and get out alive to get rid of thronnir. level a couple of times and upgrade your weapons and armor. good luck.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts