• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeruhmi

For some reason I find Oblivion partly scary to play. I find it scarier than Amensia: The Dark Descent.
Is something wrong with me? Last night I was exploring an underground city and round each corner things were attacking me.
Oh, and I bought Oblivion two days ago. First time playing since 2008.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Oblivion is scarier than Amnesia?! You must have some pretty scary mods!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I've been scared in Oblivion only twice. Once in Dark Brotherhood questline when I walked into the traitor's hideout... That place was just bloody creepy. I knew nothing would sneak up on me but I walked slowly through that bloody abandoned hideout. The other time was with a quest mod. As I go deeper into a particular dungeon, I could hear heavy breathing louder and louder... Not sure if it's supposed to be interpreted that my character was breathing heavily from fear or it's the lingering horror and menace of that place... Then it suddenly cuts to some pretty well-done cutscene that's really creepy. The quest was well-made but it was a bit too long for my liking.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You wouldn’t happen to remember the name of that mod? Sounds awesome.

Jeruhmi

The bad thing is... It isn't a mod O___O
I'm not afraid of the cities, it's just when it's late at night hear and I'm exploring the under-side of a trap door which I randomly found. The deeper I get, the more weird and harder it gets... it's just scary for me :S

Jeruhmi

So I'm guessing you guys just don't feel the same feelings I share whilst playing single player games?
For example, I can play Left 4 Dead multiplayer, but would never stray into single player. I just like having actual humans to play with.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Hmmm, I guess not. In multiplayer you either compete against other players or cooperate with them to overcome an obstacle. In singleplayer, you are the only human and the fate of pixelated simulated beings completely depends on you. What I'm saying is that you're pretty much God in single player. >:]

Jeruhmi

Well yes, I guess it can be seen that way. I wish Skyrim had co-operative, too. Would be great.
I'm surprised that wasn't added.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Well, I think Skyrim should stay single-player. As a game that supports mods, multiplayer isn't all that feasible. Look at Bioshock 2. They forced multiplayer into it and it's really not all that popular.

Jeruhmi

Well, I think Skyrim should stay single-player. As a game that supports mods, multiplayer isn't all that feasible. Look at Bioshock 2. They forced multiplayer into it and it's really not all that popular.
What makes adding multiplayer to a game bad? Every game I play which has single player and multiplayer has great aspects for each option.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I just don't think TES has the right game mechanics to make it multi-player. The last thing I want is to have a forced feature that sticks out like a sore thumb and a easy picking for harsh reviewers

Jeruhmi

I liked the multiplayer functionality in Fable 2, although I guess it was a little buggy at some points. Well, I think Skyrim is better off just being singleplayer.

Mikk

Article Writer
The only thing that ever scared me in oblivion was a glitch. I was running up stairs out of a ruin with VERY little health, when a freaking zombie arm burst through the wall directly in front of my face and killed me. The zombie was glitch'd inside the wall, but he could still attack me when I was close enough. Aaaargh :p

Cole

Mythik
Scariest thing for me had to be when you first entered the traitors hideout like what was already said, and when i entered a dungeon and all of the mobs were invisible. I got hit and was scared outta my mind lol

Flamingtaco

For me in vanilla oblivion the graphics are too bad especially lighting and daedric creatures like imps and clanfear are too ridiculous looking for much scare. With proper darkness mods and different enemies, runnign around in a pitch black dungeon with a torch is a little creepier

Cole

Mythik
It might also be the first time I encountered a mudcrab. Man those things are scary as !@#$. xD

Cole

Mythik
That is bloody brilliant. You are a genius worthy of praise. I would love to see this happen lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts