[Solved] Trouble uploading images into album

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I could have sworn I'd seen this mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but now I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I'm trying to create an album, and the images I'm adding are less than 10 MB. Regardless, I get this in response: "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, even a really gigantic one shouldn't approach the max. How big is the file? I'm wondering if there's a cacheing that happens so maybe the 'max is actually slightly less than half of 10MB.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, give it another try. If it still doesn't work, send it to me at rayven@skyrimforum.com and I'll see if I can get it to work (tomorrow morning though... I'm about to pass out for the night).

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I use GIMP for all the image conversions. I can fine tune it quite a bit to preserve lots of quality but get the file sizes down. I have CS4 on my other machine so I'll toy around with it tomorrow and see what kind of junk it's putting in the file.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'll check on Xenforo and see if there's some sort of known issue. Even if it was cacheing, I can't imagine it needing a 1:5 ratio.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Someone else is having the same problem. No one has replied to his post yet, however. I've added a note that we have the same issue. I'll let you know when it's addressed.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts