Soldier first class (Final Fantasy)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

I posted this in the general section, but got a suggestion to bring it here. I'm looking to make a build for a Shinra soldier. Similar skills, talents, magic, and morals for the ones who didn't go homicidally insane. Any tips?

DJ Luigi

Mama-mia play that song again!
Sounds like a cool idea. If you can get a rundown of all the skills and materia they used in the game, I'm sure you could come up with something really good.

If you're looking for an accurate visual representation. For the helmet Steel Plate might be your best bet since it covers the entire head and is a similar color.

I'd also say Steel Plate for the Armor but since it covers the legs, standard Steel Armor might work better since 1st classes have camo pants. Boots would be something leather and Steel Imperial or Steel Nordic for the Gauntlets. I hope this helps!

DJ

DJ Luigi

The Helmet is the closest to the "Futuristic" look 1st class soldiers have. It also looks relatively close to the color in FF7 as well.

DJ Luigi

Actually there's 3 classes of soldiers that you fight in random battles, first class, second class, and third class. Sure there's NPCs that are first class soldiers but I thought you were talking about the 1st classes you run into that use Sword of Doom and whatnot

Karen

boop.
Aesthetically, bright blue eyes are a must. They're all clean-shaven, too. :p The 1st Class Soldier enemies in FF7 did wear headgear, so I see where DJ was going with the Steel Helmet. It seems like only the 'famous' 1st's skip the headgear, so I guess its up to you there.

Aside from the Buster Sword, all the other 'main' Soldiers seem to use one-handed weapons. Even Angeal fought with the default Soldier sword most of the time; he kept the Buster Sword strapped to his back most of the time, unless it couldn't be avoided.

Equipment:

For armor, I kind of want to say the Falkreath Hold Guard armor, since it doesn't cover the arms and it comes with pants. Aside from the thing draped across the front, it's the best I can think of right now. Color's kind of close, depending on who you want to base it off of. The 1st Class uniform in the original game is kind of a deep purple, but it's portrayed as black in the more recent ones. Zack wears dark blue, though, even as a 1st Class.

Boots - original game Soldiers wear brown boots, new games look like black leather, so I'd suggest the Vampire Boots.

Gloves - Regular clothing gloves look the closest, if you want them to be functional too, you could enchant them.

So, I'm obviously choosing just for aesthetics, don't really know what they'll look like thrown together, but individually, they seem alright.

Morality:

I suppose the generic Soldier would be 'good'? Sure, they're fighting for an evil corporation, but from what I can tell, most Soldiers go in thinking they're going to be helping people. You know, until they snap.

Skills:

You have some good ideas and suggestions in the other thread, don't think I have anything better.

I've never tried to write up a build before, don't even know if I'm doing it right, but just some ideas.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts