• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So what do you do when you feel like you've accomplished 90% of the quests, saved the world from 2 monsters and explored most of the available world?

I'm at that point with Ingin at level 102. Sure, I could finish off more of the TG sidequests to be named Guildmaster and get all the shops open and do some more of the Mother's stuff and there are a few sites I haven't yet visited or explored completely (Hidden Vale, a few dungeons or caves in Skyrim and on Solstheim) and a few NPCs I haven't done side quests for, but I own all the properties fully tricked out and killed all the Dragon's at least once (Psst - Miraak, go ahead, steal dem souls, I have a backlog of over 20 souls and already know most of the shouts and own all the masks).

I've a little more to do on Solstheim (probably another 40 hours or so - so, this week), but I'm not sure where to go from there.

What do y'all do? (I mean, besides just start a new character).

Thoughts?

• Have you traveled the entire length and breadth of Blackreach?

Daelon DuLac

• Have you traveled the entire length and breadth of Blackreach?
Many, many times before. Frankly, I don't find it that interesting. Good catch though. I should have included that in the Hidden Vale and Soul Cairn.

Adam Warlock

hundreds , maybe, thousands of hours.
skyrim is vast and deep but not infinite.

im not a fan of mmo by nature but it looks as if i will get a console version of tamriel unlimited(eso) and do the single player stuff until elder scrolls VI comes along.

the more expensive alternative would be skyrim on pc so you could use the mods

Daelon DuLac

Either I'm going to move on to another game for a while or just save Ingin out and start a new and totally different character. I'm thinking, maybe a two handed, heavy armor Dunmer? That would certainly be different!

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Have you cleared every dungeon? Got every spell? Made one of every spider (DB)?

Daelon DuLac

Have you cleared every dungeon? Got every spell? Made one of every spider (DB)?
No. As I said, probably 90%, but I'm getting very, very bored. That's why I asked how y'all keep it fresh. After hundreds and hundreds of hours, when it feels like an obligation, it stops being fun.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Have you played and conquered Morrowind? If not, that is my suggestion. It gave me an even more stupendous appreciation for Skyrim... In a good way.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Consistency challenges. Make a character and give a strict requirement or two. If you end up breaking the requirements you have to start over. For example you make a Nord Sword/Board warrior and you make a requirement that he/she isn't allowed to drink more then 2 potions during a fight. If you end up drinking a third you had to start the character over. It's just one way to entertain yourself especially if you're a console gamer.

Dawn

When I reach a state where a game becomes boring or feels like an obligation, I stop playing for a while.

Take a break, try something else, come back later - it will all be there just as you left it and hopefully feel fresh again.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
So what do you do when you feel like you've accomplished 90% of the quests, saved the world from 2 monsters and explored most of the available world?

I'm at that point with Ingin at level 102. Sure, I could finish off more of the TG sidequests to be named Guildmaster and get all the shops open and do some more of the Mother's stuff and there are a few sites I haven't yet visited or explored completely (Hidden Vale, a few dungeons or caves in Skyrim and on Solstheim) and a few NPCs I haven't done side quests for, but I own all the properties fully tricked out and killed all the Dragon's at least once (Psst - Miraak, go ahead, steal dem souls, I have a backlog of over 20 souls and already know most of the shouts and own all the masks).

I've a little more to do on Solstheim (probably another 40 hours or so - so, this week), but I'm not sure where to go from there.

What do y'all do? (I mean, besides just start a new character).

Thoughts?
Did you complete the Civil War? Or are you not going to get involved?

Twiffle

Switch off and go the pub

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I used to create one ultimate character to join all the factions. During your first playthrough that will keep you busy for quite some time. But as soon as you go play the game for a second time, you'd be surprised to see how quickly you rush through the gameplay this way. That's why the majority of people on this forum play with as many characters as possible. I don't know if you're familiar with builds and whether or not you've ever given it a try. If you haven't, do it. Creating one character for a specific playstyle lengthens your gameplay more than you realize.
Of course you can only do a faction questline once. Once you've killed Ulfric Stormcloak, the Imperial Legion questline is over. However, that doesn't mean the adventure ends for your legionair. The Stormcloaks still roam through Skyrim and they occupy camps in the wilderness. You can keep fighting them - as long as you want to. The same goes for about every character build you can think of. I am currently playing with my Bosmer, Athragar. He is a servant of Hircine, a werewolf and a hunter who knows Skyrim as the inside of his pockets.

If you want inspiration, go to Fudgemuppet's YouTube channel. He has tons of video's on Skyrim builds and is popular amongst many experienced Skyrim players. Even people who have played the game numerous of times still go to FM for inspiration.

This is by FAR the best method to extending your gameplay experience. It's so much fun, and it's great for roleplaying. If you are a storyteller, nothing is more fun than coming up with backgrounds and stories about your characters. You can take screenshots and post it on the forums. And, of course, if you are a pc player, inform yourself on modding and how you can install new questlines for free.

One approach I have used in the past is the Random Life approach. You make amost no decisions about your character and path to follow. Use whatever random method you like to pick a race (okay, if you really hate Argonians, just leave them out of the choice pool), do the same to determine which class you will be. Then use a way to determine how many skills you can use. For example, throw a dice: if it comes up two, then you can only develop two skills. Now use another random generator to find out just which skills you can develop. So, by this time you might be a male Redguard Mage who can only put perks into Archery, Illusion and Speech.
Play follows a similar pattern. Reach a crossroads? Roll to see which way to go. Offered a Quest? Roll to see if you accept it. You can set up any rules you like, but should stick to them.For example, you need to roll a six to accept a Quest, or your carrying capacity is based on chance.
The point is that, as in real life, you dont always get to decide your genetics or background and random things happen that you cant control. This forces you to make do with a less than perfect character and events that you dont control. I find this is often a real challenge when the skills you get are a terrible match for the Class, or for the Questline you find yourself stuck with.

Twiffle

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts