So, ultimately, Hearthfire is the best DLC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ImSamanthaD

I find that the Hearthfire content works better for all of my RP styles, simply because it adds more depth to existing content and gives the option to own property in holds other than the ones in the vanilla version.

Dawnguard is a pain in the ass because it has vampire attacks interfering with my RP and those endless quests wandering through vales with Serana which I don't ever want to do again.

Dragonborn introduces some decent NPCs and powers, but that desolate island still isn't as much fun to explore as Skyrim.

I did hav emy fun with Dragonborn and Dawnguard when I first installed them, but since getting into role playing, I rarely touch on them or I just outright avoid them. Hearthfire is awesome though.

Hell yes! That's the truth about the DLCs. The Hearthfire is the most RPG styled one yet. I don't know about you, but I love cooking and I love building my house. Also being able to live outside of town is a million times better.

GlacialDoom

I don't really agree with you on this matter. Sure, Hearthfire was a really nice addition to the game, but I think that Dragonborn was ultimately the most bang for your buck DLC, as it had a lot of content, while Hearthfire only introduced a few new mechanics, which were already available, more or less, via mods.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I don't really agree with you on this matter. Sure, Hearthfire was a really nice addition to the game, but I think that Dragonborn was ultimately the most bang for your buck DLC, as it had a lot of content, while Hearthfire only introduced a few new mechanics, which were already available, more or less, via mods.
Well some of us don't have access to Mods. So HOOEEY to you!

sticky runes

I find Dragonborn too linear. I played through it with one character, and then went to Solstheim with another character and there wasn't really anything I could do differently. I think it would have been better if you cooperate with either Neloth or the Skaal to defeat Myraak, so that you get a choice of outcomes, instead of seeking help from both of them. I think the only thing you really get to play out differently is the Thirsk mead hall, and that wasn't very exciting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts