So, perhaps no more Skyrim DLC in store after all?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Folkenstal

Well it was obvious they'd stop working on Skyrim related DLCs on one point. We just didn't know when exactly.
Saw a video about the new TES online game. Is it still ongoing?
They say we could explore Tamriel as far as I remember.

So what do you think will they do next as a single player video game?
Somehow the new single and online games will overlap concerning the locations.

Aniratak

Well it was obvious they'd stop working on Skyrim related DLCs on one point. We just didn't know when exactly.
Saw a video about the new TES online game. Is it still ongoing?
They say we could explore Tamriel as far as I remember.

So what do you think will they do next as a single player video game?
Somehow the new single and online games will overlap concerning the locations.

TES online is happening for sure I think. Just check out Bethesda's own web-page for it: http://bethsoft.com/en-us/games/the_elder_scrolls_online

I'm no Online player so I'll take a pass on that one. I'll wait for the next TES.

When it comes to what they'll do with the next TES I have no clue.. I'm looking forward to the day when the rumors starts to surface.. =)

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Perhaps all the issues with PS3 DLC's played a part in all of this?

I'm certanly going to buy TES6 either way. But I am sad that there is no more Skyrim DLC's. I am going to miss Skyrim when the next TES comes out, but perhaps we find out what happened then. And thats exciting I think.

This may come out as being rude but the issues with PS3 DLCS is not a concern of mine. I don't have a PS3 system. I play Skyrim with a PC. Perhaps Bethesda should've never released Skyrim to PS3 if they didn't understand the aspects of the PS3.

While TES6 maybe juicy... I'm afraid that Bethesda will play this stunt again like they're doing now. Building up the suspense, and then write up an article on their blog site saying that their wanting to focus all of their attention to fallout 5. 2 DLCS is not enough.

Folkenstal

I'm not an online player, either.
But somehow still it's interesting. Need to check the costs first for joining the online game…

Can't wait for the next single player, though.
Exploring new worlds is so faszinating. C:

Aniratak

This may come out as being rude but the issues with PS3 DLCS is not a concern of mine. I don't have a PS3 system. I play Skyrim with a PC. Perhaps Bethesda should've never released Skyrim to PS3 if they didn't understand the aspects of the PS3.

While TES6 maybe juicy... I'm afraid that Bethesda will play this stunt again like they're doing now. Building up the suspense, and then write up an article on their blog site saying that their wanting to focus all of their attention to fallout 5. 2 DLCS is not enough.

I think that every time they develop a game they learn alot.. And they bring that experience to the next game they release. With fallout 3 they had 5 (I think?) DLC's and I heard that they were much smaller then the DLC's they released for Skyrim, and I've heard people say that they were a bit dissapointing. So this time Todd Howard wanted to do fewer DLC's with much more content. And they did that. When it comes to how the story in Skyrim ended, perhaps this wasn't the ideal solution for everyone. But the next time around they might do it differently. I think Skyrim is the greatest game I've ever played. It's been 1,5 years since release and it's time to move on.There are not many games now a days you still play this much after 1,5 years. Sometimes I need to take a step back and realise that. They need to focus on new projects now.

Aniratak

I'm not an online player, either.
But somehow still it's interesting. Need to check the costs first for joining the online game…

Can't wait for the next single player, though.
Exploring new worlds is so faszinating. C:

Exploring is the best part! Next TES I am definetly NOT going to fast travel at all.. I loved it when there was still parts of Skyrim I had never seen before.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Perhaps all the issues with PS3 DLC's played a part in all of this?

That's honestly what I'm thinking. Skyrim is a huge cash cow for releasing new content, but if roughly 1/3 of the players can't get that content or it's a huge problem to get it out for them, then it may be better financially to cut their losses and focus on new projects.

As far as I'm concerned, Skyrim could still have a long way to go for getting DLC/add ons before everyone's sick of it, especially with it still getting new players, but I get Beth's got other ideas. Sure, there's mods for PC, but then you have mod conflict issues and whatnot. I'm just hoping that maybe a little group in Bethesda will poke at some higher ups and ask "can we pretty please go work on that unfinished Skyrim DLC? :D " and get an okay for it.

Aniratak

That's honestly what I'm thinking. Skyrim is a huge cash cow for releasing new content, but if roughly 1/3 of the players can't get that content or it's a huge problem to get it out for them, then it may be better financially to cut their losses and focus on new projects.

As far as I'm concerned, Skyrim could still have a long way to go for getting DLC/add ons before everyone's sick of it, especially with it still getting new players, but I get Beth's got other ideas. Sure, there's mods for PC, but then you have mod conflict issues and whatnot. I'm just hoping that maybe a little group in Bethesda will poke at some higher ups and ask "can we pretty please go work on that unfinished Skyrim DLC? :D " and get an okay for it.

We are also very close to the release of the next gen consoles. So they have to turn their focus on that to keep up with the others as well I think.

Can't wait for E3 i June! All eyes on Bethesda!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

Why couldn't Bethesda sell the full rights to Skyrim to another gaming company that knows what their doing? Obviously Skyrim is a project that it's beyond their ability to comprehend, and it's too advanced for their scripting department. Skyrim is an incomplete game that is riddled with glitches and bugs that still hasn't been fixed yet. This game cost me well over 100 dollars. I'm not that forgiving when it boils down to getting your moneys worth.

Aniratak

Why couldn't Bethesda sell the full rights to Skyrim to another gaming company that knows what their doing? Obviously Skyrim is a project that it's beyond their ability to comprehend, and it's too advanced for their scripting department. Skyrim is an incomplete game that is riddled with glitches and bugs that still hasn't been fixed yet. This game cost me well over 100 dollars. I'm not that forgiving when it boils down to getting your moneys worth.

How long have you been playing Skyrim? Do any other games you buy get you that many hours of gameplay? Just curious.. Most big games like Skyrim cost the same just after release, and alot of them you don't even play a 1/3 of the time you spent on TES. Do you seriously mean you haven't got your moneys worth? Are you 100% serious? You haven't had any fun playing it? Or is it just the ending that bugs you?

What company do you believe would have done a better job than Bethesda?

aussiegirlz

I've completed the game with three characters my original and two created waiting for DLCs to be released. I'm not really one to keep playing the same game over and over and over again because my left brain logic just can't fool myself into believing the game is any different using an elven archer or an orc warrior - same quests same foes same storylines gets boring after a while. So since there won't be any new DLCs I pack it in and shelve the game and wait to see if there is an Elder Scrolls 6 - Bethesda could have gotten more mileage out of Skyrim with a couple more DLCs - sucks that they didn't.

Tyer032392

How long have you been playing Skyrim? Do any other games you buy get you that many hours of gameplay? Just curious.. Most big games like Skyrim cost the same just after release, and alot of them you don't even play a 1/3 of the time you spent on TES. Do you seriously mean you haven't got your moneys worth? Are you 100% serious? You haven't had any fun playing it? Or is it just the ending that bugs you?

For me, The Creative Assembly comes to mind concerning their Total War series. However, seeing as The Elder Scrolls series is mostly a FPS type game, Bethesda did a fairly good job. I find it ashame that they did not complete the game however. Maybe the problems with each version of the game (PC, 360, and PS3) made it a living nightmare to fix.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
I am happy that they stopped making content for Skyrim. Now they can work on there next games.
Of course we would NEVER EVER see some sort of "conclusion" into any of the main story lines. Bethesda have never done that. NEVER. IN ANY GAME. All there DLC have been about "New story with its own ending." The DLC they have made never had anything to do with the main parts of the origianl game. We would never see any sort of Thalmor DLC because its too much into the already exicting main story.
Also. Bethesda's DLC have always been something that you could just go and do. Never something like: "Complete this main quest before venturing to this new DLC place." Never. Not in Morrowind, not in Oblivion and I was sure from the begining that we would not see that in Skyrim either. Bethesda have a very clear marketing plan when it comes to DLC

And, I would like to point out that before they released Skyrim they said and I quote mr Howard:

"Very quick DLC might sell well, but that's not our priority. We're not going to be doing a lot of it. OUr high-level thinking is that there'll be not as many [pieces of DLC] but they'll be bigger and more substantial. The goal overall is not necessarilly to put out more content, but to make the game better." -Todd Howard, Game Director and Executive Producer.

Aniratak

I am happy that they stopped making content for Skyrim. Now they can work on there next games.
Of course we would NEVER EVER see some sort of "conclusion" into any of the main story lines. Bethesda have never done that. NEVER. IN ANY GAME. All there DLC have been about "New story with its own ending." The DLC they have made never had anything to do with the main parts of the origianl game. We would never see any sort of Thalmor DLC because its too much into the already exicting main story.
Also. Bethesda's DLC have always been something that you could just go and do. Never something like: "Complete this main quest before venturing to this new DLC place." Never. Not in Morrowind, not in Oblivion and I was sure from the begining that we would not see that in Skyrim either. Bethesda have a very clear marketing plan when it comes to DLC

And, I would like to point out that before they released Skyrim they said and I quote mr Howard:

"Very quick DLC might sell well, but that's not our priority. We're not going to be doing a lot of it. OUr high-level thinking is that there'll be not as many [pieces of DLC] but they'll be bigger and more substantial. The goal overall is not necessarilly to put out more content, but to make the game better." -Todd Howard, Game Director and Executive Producer.

Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. I am glad they didn't drag it on into eternity. To many DLC's could just ruin the good memories I have of it. They need to develop new stuff! Can't wait=)

Two Bears

il miss shouting :sadface:

Meh, not so much here. Shouts were cool, but not very practical. Even at the hardest difficulty settings most fights are over in 30 seconds. In fact, as my character leveled I found that my weapons and spells were just so much more effective than playing around with shouts. It became like "oh, right, I can shout too".

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer

Just throwing it in: I have 360 hours on Skyrim on PC, and my PS3 character has, not including time lost to crashes and glitches and whatnot, about 750 hours on it.

There is no other game I can think of where I can pay 40-60 bucks for it and get that kind of play time from (except maybe other TES games but I haven't checked those out yet).

Because... then... Beth... wouldn't... get the money? Profit from games happens for years and years from continued sales, DLC being bought, and so forth.

Also, Skyrim isn't exactly unique in being riddled with glitches and bugs. Assassin's Creed 3 was a huge release and honestly it's still glitchier than Skyrim for me, except it also lacks the console and ability to easily fix game breaking gitches myself.

mamali

This is so great for me , with my stupid and slow internet , downloading DLC is like a nightmare . i want a new elder scrolls ....

Folkenstal

Meh, not so much here. Shouts were cool, but not very practical. Even at the hardest difficulty settings most fights are over in 30 seconds. In fact, as my character leveled I found that my weapons and spells were just so much more effective than playing around with shouts. It became like "oh, right, I can shout too".

Right, I sometimes forgot about the shouting, too.
It's sometimes useful, when a horde of Draugr attacks, but that's it.
I wouldn't miss them in the next game.
So, I'm really looking forward to their next game, can't wait to go on journeys and explore as much as possible.
Only the interaction with the NPCs could be better for the next TES.

But all in all I must be thankful to Bethesda:
With Skyrim being my forst TES I now need to play the older games, starting with Oblivion
(yes, let's go backwards).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts