So, perhaps no more Skyrim DLC in store after all?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aniratak

It's officially official, guys. NO MORE DLC: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/323837011591036929

:sadface:

:mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thats S A D!! But I guess this is the beguinning of a new era.. The "waiting in excitement for rumors of a new TES"-era.. This can be turned into something positive. I guess they started to work on ideas and story for Skyrim once the last DLC for Oblivion was out. Even though they are focusing on Fallout at the moment, it does most likely mean they will pretty soon look towards the next TES. And that can't happen soon enough for me. I guess we all knew the story had to end some time. But it is the greatest game I've ever played. It is so much more then a game.

Aniratak

Ohhhh. I don't want to leave Skyrim.. I hope Skyrim will be included in the next TES. Or else I'm going to miss it. Sad to think about.

Tyer032392

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thats S A D!! But I guess this is the beguinning of a new era.. The "waiting in excitement for rumors of a new TES"-era.. This can be turned into something positive. I guess they started to work on ideas and story for Skyrim once the last DLC for Oblivion was out. Even though they are focusing on Fallout at the moment, it does most likely mean they will pretty soon look towards the next TES. And that can't happen soon enough for me. I guess we all knew the story had to end some time. But it is the greatest game I've ever played. It is so much more then a game.

Actually, I can't remember where I read it at, but it is said that Skyrim is the setting of a new era of Elder Scrolls game with the fall of the Septim blood line.

Aniratak

Actually, I can't remember where I read it at, but it is said that Skyrim is the setting of a new era of Elder Scrolls game with the fall of the Septim blood line.

I am starting to accept the end of Skyrim now. I will still play it for months. But starting to get excited for whats next! It's going to be fun to see all the rumors for the next TES emerge. Something to look forward to.

ah3nos

For those of us on PC this isn't as bad of news because now modders can develope without having to worry about updating for dlcs and really expand. I expect to see some awesome mods in the future which could rival any DLC.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Well folks. We have had a good run.
I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.

Skyrim will forever be in our hearts and we will play it for many years to come.
It might be the end of an adventure. But the true adventure lies ahead.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Oh. And I really, REALLY want Fallout 4 ^.^

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Well folks. We have had a good run.
I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.

Skyrim will forever be in our hearts and we will play it for many years to come.
It might be the end of an adventure. But the true adventure lies ahead.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Oh. And I really, REALLY want Fallout 4 ^.^

... I just thought of a new ending for my book: "And the Dovakin lived happily ever after, to the end of his days."

Two Bears

Warning--old guy rant:

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll say that we'll probably see the Fallout 4 reveal at E3 with the game being released 4th quarter 2014. That'll put the release of TES VI sometime in 2016. And this isn't personal on the part of Bethesda, and not some kind of slap in the face. It's just the end of the natural development cycle. They gave new content to this game for almost a year and a half after the launch of the core game. The only other company I know of that does this, and it's a company that lots of people like to throw under the bus, is Capcom. They've been actively supporting their Street Fighter IV series since 2008.

Anyway, Fallout 4 is going to be great. Bethesda is going to do all kinds of new things with the Creation engine. Remember the visual leap between Oblivion and Fallout 3? We're probably going to see that sort of thing again. And with a TES title 4 years away, Bethesda will likely take what they learn from the new Fallout and apply it to a new engine for TES VI. And that is the important thing to remember going forward, especially for you newer guys that came into the series with Skyrim. TES and Fallout are reciprocal titles; they feed off each other. Fallout, since it was acquired by Bethesda, has essentially become Elder Scrolls with guns. If you aren't interested in the title, then don't play the game, but it is still worth paying close attention to it, as it will be a sign of the direction of the next TES title.

In any case, do not fret. It's all just the beginning of the next cycle. And the mods will keep coming out for years. After all, we still see a very active Oblivion modding community, and that was a 2006 release. Skyrim fans will have many adventures yet to come.

Wildroses

I don't think there is any need to be completely miserable. I mean, Skyrim is still around. It's not like suddenly every single copy of Skyrim in the world is going to vanish just because Bethesda don't plan to release any more DLCs or updates. I can still keep happily playing Skyrim and enjoying myself with the knowledge that no more DLCs or big updates will come.

I will be astonished if they don't release another Elder Scrolls title. It will probably be several years away, but they'll make it, I'm sure. They can't do that unless they stop working on Skyrim at some point.

I never thought we'd get a Destroy the Thalmor DLC anyway. Why would they waste such a huge, interesting and highly desired idea with so much potential on a mere DLC? That's something an entire game could be based around.

Aniratak

Warning--old guy rant:

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll say that we'll probably see the Fallout 4 reveal at E3 with the game being released 4th quarter 2014. That'll put the release of TES VI sometime in 2016. And this isn't personal on the part of Bethesda, and not some kind of slap in the face. It's just the end of the natural development cycle. They gave new content to this game for almost a year and a half after the launch of the core game. The only other company I know of that does this, and it's a company that lots of people like to throw under the bus, is Capcom. They've been actively supporting their Street Fighter IV series since 2008.

Anyway, Fallout 4 is going to be great. Bethesda is going to do all kinds of new things with the Creation engine. Remember the visual leap between Oblivion and Fallout 3? We're probably going to see that sort of thing again. And with a TES title 4 years away, Bethesda will likely take what they learn from the new Fallout and apply it to a new engine for TES VI. And that is the important thing to remember going forward, especially for you newer guys that came into the series with Skyrim. TES and Fallout are reciprocal titles; they feed off each other. Fallout, since it was acquired by Bethesda, has essentially become Elder Scrolls with guns. If you aren't interested in the title, then don't play the game, but it is still worth paying close attention to it, as it will be a sign of the direction of the next TES title.

In any case, do not fret. It's all just the beginning of the next cycle. And the mods will keep coming out for years. After all, we still see a very active Oblivion modding community, and that was a 2006 release. Skyrim fans will have many adventures yet to come.

I agree! I bet my money on a fallout announcement on the next E3.. Which I am looking forward to by the way. When is it? In June? So it's just in time after the new Xbox announcement as well.

I was a bit bummed out when they said goodbye to Skyrim, but I'm also very excited that they can move on. A new Fallout-game means improvements and it's only going to come in handy for the next TES. I'm actually glad there will be a Fallout before the next TES on the new consoles. They can see how things work and improve even more. I am so stoked about the idea that somewhere soon there is someone starting to write the new story for TES6. Yay=)

:sadface: sad.
but that puts a lot of things in TESVI.
Dwemer, Thalmor, Empire, Akaviri or Blades (which I really would want to thoroughly massacre), Alduin's Return (of course he'll return, come on), playable Snow Elves to name a few that can be reborn.

I do hope that the dragonborn (aka tesv pc) becomes the new emperor. haha.

But I suppose I'm sad for the fact that I wouldn't know who will become skyrim's High King/Queen, or what will ever happen to skyrim's political issues.

Two Bears

:sadface: sad.
but that puts a lot of things in TESVI.
Dwemer, Thalmor, Empire, Akaviri or Blades (which I really would want to thoroughly massacre), Alduin's Return (of course he'll return, come on), playable Snow Elves to name a few that can be reborn.

I do hope that the dragonborn (aka tesv pc) becomes the new emperor. haha.

But I suppose I'm sad for the fact that I wouldn't know who will become skyrim's High King/Queen, or what will ever happen to skyrim's political issues.

We will see some combination of Dwemer stuff, some Thalmor maybe, Empire or maybe Empire remnants and the Blades, but we won't be seeing Alduin or the Dragonborn again, just like how Dagoth Ur, the physical presence of Mehrunes Dagon, the Nerevarine and the Champion of Cyrodiil (at least in his non-Sheogorath form) didn't return. TES VI will take us somewhere else in Tamriel, and probably somewhere we haven't been before. At least in the modern series (since TES III), that is.

Aniratak

We will see some combination of Dwemer stuff, some Thalmor maybe, Empire or maybe Empire remnants and the Blades, but we won't be seeing Alduin or the Dragonborn again, just like how Dagoth Ur, the physical presence of Mehrunes Dagon, the Nerevarine and the Champion of Cyrodiil (at least in his non-Sheogorath form) didn't return. TES VI will take us somewhere else in Tamriel, and probably somewhere we haven't been before. At least in the modern series (since TES III), that is.

This just makes me look forward to when the rumors of the next TES starts to surface! The excitement!!

This doesn't surprise me at all. I mean, just look how long we had to ride on SI and KotN for Oblivion before Skyrim released. 2007-2011, four years.

JayW

It is kind of rubbish that nobody thought to mention when Dragonborn came out that there wasn't going to be any more DLC. They may have run into technical difficulties (PS3) or seen diminishing returns on sales but I wish they'd have let us know earlier. At least I hope they've been doing more than working on Patch 1.9 since December last year.

I don't know if anyone here has seen Pete Hines comments (fresh) today. Yesterday was bad enough after they fluffed the announcement that Dragonborn was the last DLC but today Pete Hines dropped a ridiculously ambiguous trailer of barbed wire with Air on a G String (Bach) sheet music. People quickly got excited about a possible Fallout 4 reveal before Pete Hines tweeted "guess again". Not sure what it means but it might help to stop making announcements that don't actually say anything before then having to clarify that that thing they revealed is definitely not what everyone wants to hear.

The latest musings online are mentioning Wolfenstein or something called Project Zwei (...? no idea) as Bethesda's next big game. This might mean an even longer wait until the next Fallout or TES. If lowering expectations was their goal this week then they've succeeded in something.

https://vine.co/v/bFPjjheVnau

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/324192731721265153

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I sure hope that this is a VERY late April fools joke because if it isn't... Bethesda became one of the worst game producing company ever in the gaming industry. I would NEVER buy any games from them again. Back to pirating their games. I need to invest in other games that

What a terrible way to end a story... with endless plot holes and cliffhangers. How can they stop just like that? Theirs so much to come! We have the Thalmor invasion; the Great war that resumes after the civil war. Who becomes the next high queen/king of Skyrim? No ceremonies? We don't get to see how a Jarl (Ulfric/Elisif) becomes the next ruler of Skyrim after the moot declares it? BULLplops! Bethesda just raped us all in this potential great opportunity that can be mind-blowing.

https://twitter.com/RaijinNarukami/status/324384341381763072
My direct responds to Pete Hines.

https://twitter.com/RaijinNarukami/status/324390975185252352

Ol' Rusty Mace

Yeah I'm pretty unimpressed with the news. It looks like being a game developer is on par with being a politician. Big promises with very little delivery. I know that this might anger some but imo the dlc that was published was already in place as evidenced by the so called "game jam". Go back and watch that video then tell me how many hours were spent on dlc since then.

Aniratak

Did the other TES games end in a better way? Everything had a closure? Or did we have to play the next TES to find out through books and stuff?

Aniratak

According to what I've heard Oblivion had somewhat of a decent ending... I haven't finished the game of course. Bethesda truly fu%ked us all.

Perhaps all the issues with PS3 DLC's played a part in all of this?

I'm certanly going to buy TES6 either way. But I am sad that there is no more Skyrim DLC's. I am going to miss Skyrim when the next TES comes out, but perhaps we find out what happened then. And thats exciting I think.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts