So my pet is obsessed with me...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Znowcicle

Chimera~
It's true. My dog is obsessed with me. He follows me to the restroom. He follows me to bed. When I leave the house I hear him whining lowly at the door. When I return he freaks out. Most dogs are like this though, aren't they?

One thing that my dog does that I haven't seen any other dog I've own do is when I ask if he wants to go outside he'll get really excited and start sneezing. Like machine-gun sneezing. In between sneezes he makes the most adorable noises though. He'll paw at the air and wag his tail so hard that his whole backside moves with it. It's just...it's so weird, but I love seeing him so excited.

Do you have a dog or a cat (or any other pet for that matter) that does something unique or adorable?

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
My cat Shiloh is a sweet ol' lady. She'll be 14 this May. So yeah, she's an old fart! :p

She is what you would call a "puppy-cat". Meaning, she sometimes acts like a dog even though she's a cat.

Every morning after she is fed she'll cry and cry downstairs and I'll 'cry' back. I'm allowed to eat breakfast in my room so she likes to come up and join me in the morning and snuggle in bed :p

She also likes be fed every day at exactly 3 pm. She'll wait very patiently, sitting close to dad and his chair before slowly walking up and sitting right in front, before reaching up and tap him on his knee with her paw. It's rather adorable..

You can actually have a conversation with her, just meow after she meows. Sometimes if you say a correct word she'll meow loudly. If she's hungry and you say "Feed me!" or "Food!" she'll meow loudly as if to say, "YES! Feed me!"

I also used to have a bunk bed with round steel... rungs? I think they are called?.. And amazingly, she would be able to climb up those to the top bunk no problem! I only had to teach her once. After I yelled, "Do it for mommy!" (The Mask reference) and she climbed up that ladder fast. It was astounding since she's a Norwegian Forest and they have very padded feet with fur on the bottom which doesn't make it easy. Got rid of the bunk bed a few years ago though. She doesn't seem to miss it. :p

I also had a Parakeet that had a mutual dislike for me. Strange thing happened though. After it pooped on my head once, a few days later it started calling me a certain name/title...

"... you Stupid Poopy Head..."

Parakeets can talk. I'm a believer. ;)

I have two small dogs and a cat. All three are real characters, I tell ya. Here's a few things they do:

My one dog, Chewey, who is a black Pomeranian/Chiuhuahua mix, does this cute little thing when she's begging me for food and such. She'll stand on her hind legs and rub her two front paws together, and sometimes she'll spin around in circles on her hind legs. It's absolutely adorable.

She also, when I play with her and she gets really excited, will make these strange noises almost like a Tasmanian devil makes. Look one up on YouTube and you'll see what I mean. Once she starts making those noises, she'll run off and around the house like a shot. I've taken to calling her Taz and Black Lightning (because she's fast and her fur is black) because of this. lol

My cat, a lynx breed I think they call it, named Sushi, likes anything made of paper. So if I happen to leave a paper bag down she will climb inside of it and just roll around. It's very cute. I think she has a thing for bags in general, because one time I left one of those cloth grocery bags down and it was empty. I look up and she was inside it just looking at me like, "What? This is perfectly normal. It's weird that you think it's weird." I think most cat owners know this look lol. Cutest thing ever. She also fell asleep in it later on. So adorable! D:

My second dog, Simba, has an attitude just like a cat. He's a rescue (as are all of our pets actually), so I don't know where he came from last for sure, but my family and I have a theory that he was raised around cats due to this. He's a trip sometimes. If he wants something, he will either make this quiet little "wuff" noise to get your attention, or just stare at you like "feed me". lol so yeah, all three are characters but I love em anyway. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sah

the most adorable thing you can see is a baby kitten trying to catch........Frost her on 24" screen

the most annoying thing you can see is that same baby kitten all grown up........still trying to catch........Frost on her 24" screen

Edward or Tedds is half Persian....found him in a bag on the street.....long and sad story.......sits on this ones lap when she play Skyrim:), follows her everywhere, sleeps under the covers with her:eek:.......watches me having my showers:oops:.....and will hiss at anyone he thinks is bad (100% track record);).......what can this one say.......maybe its the only place you can feel unconditional love.....cause that's all the give.....they have no concept of conditional.

Great thread........Tedds has had his flea treatmentso_O......so don't complain to this one if get em:confused:........like he is the only cat here?

will talk about my other pets:)......ummm:confused:.......... the ones in the Dungeon another time:rolleyes:.......*grabs crop & paddle*:eek:.........Mistress Sah at your service
:cool:

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Seems like begging for food is a running theme in these pets of ours. Chasing Frost would be funny to see.

My dog is a super beggar. If you so much as crinkle a bag he thinks you have food and will give you this "pity me" stare. He got brave one time and actually took a bite out of my fiance's sandwich. That one he got in trouble for, haha.

Our cat though, she doesn't like human food at all really. She'll eat powdered donuts, but anything else we give her to taste she just licks once and then stares at us. Food just isn't her thing, but she has this thing for the dog's tail. She's training to be an assassin for his tail I swear. She just runs out of no where and launches herself at him. It's hilarious.

Kattus

You guys have wonderful pets!
I had a black and white cat named Willi - and I'm only saying 'had' because he still lives with my parents while I moved out last year, so I hardly spend time with him anymore :sadface:
He used to come up to my room in the late afternoon amd would stay sleeping near me (bed, floor, desk) for hours, occasionally waking up and rubbing himself all over my keyboard when he thought I spent too much time with my computer or studying instead of petting him. He's generally cuddly, but after a few minutes or when you accidentally touch a ticklish spot, he'd go ape plops on my hands and forearms. Adorable when he was a Kitty, now that he's rather large and well over 6kg not so much!

Anyways, I terribly miss living with a cat and thus my s.o. and I are getting kittens in a bit over a week! We spent some time with them already, but I'm looking forward to see what adorable habits they'll show or develop once we become friends.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Aw, I know the feeling of missing a pet and their habits. The new kittens will be sure to put a smile on your face though. :) Kittens do some of the cutest flails I've seen in the animal kingdom, haha.

Reactions: Sah

Ayumii

Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows!
I have a few.

I have a cream colored Pomeranian, Angel, who will beg, no matter what you might have. If you have paper, she'll try to bite at it. can't be in a room without her! And after we give her a bath and dry her off, she'll run like a bolt and go around every corner of the house. It's so cute.

Then there's my big lion-structured short haired adopted kitty, Moogle. He's all white and has peach colored spots on his legs, and nose and tail. He's a BIG cat, too. Not fat, just very big boned, strong, and very muscular. He's got one green and one golden eye. He's a real character. When he wants to go outside to run for a bit, he'll do a long meow. When he's hungry, he'll tilt his head at me and meow twice, and when he wants to play he'll do a quick meow and rub himself around my legs. He likes to cuddle and sleep right next to my head!

My queen cat, Lacie, she's a fluff ball of grey, blue, brown, gold and her eyes are orange. When she's not sleeping, eating or going potty, she'll go crazy around the house. Running and jumping, backflips and frontflips, attacking feet and hands. Then to get attention she'll meow while putting her paw on your arm for petting, or I'd she's hungry she'll sit next to you patiently and meow. As you walk to her food bowl with her she'll trot like a little priss!

And finally, there's Quinn, the little girl of the group. She'll sleep in our sinks, sleep under a little blanket fort we made for her, LOVES water, so she'll come bathe with me. She's a chocolate black short haired cat with the prettiest green eyes. She will meow at you, as if instigating a conversation. If you meow back, she'll meow again, and it can go on for about five minutes. She also loves it when you talk to her! She'll watch me play skyrim while laying on my shoulder, and she loves to hug you when you pick her up. She'll literally wrap her little paws around your neck and nuzzle into your face, haha. [emoji4]

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Your family of pets sound adorable. All of your cats seem very vocal so I imagine your house sounds like an alley at night, haha. Not that that's a bad thing. They all seem very adorable especially Moogle. I have a thing for animals with two different color eyes. They're just so pretty. Quinn kind of sounds like my cat. She likes to have conversations with me as well. Every time I sneeze she meows as if to say "bless you!" It's cute. ^^ Although we have our small conversations, she isn't as affectionate as your cats. At least, not with me. She prefers my fiance over myself while our dog loves both of us equally. When we sleep each animal has their human to cuddle up to, so we're never cold, haha.

Ayumii

Yeah! They all like to cuddle, even with each other. [emoji4] And they aren't too loud. They know when bed time is. [emoji39] And thanks! They're all rescues/adopts, and they're all super healthy. And I agree, I love cats with two different eye colors. And awe, that is so sweet. Lacie usually does the same thing if I sneeze, and Moogle will purr any time you look at him/make eye contact, and he knows his name. So when I call him for snack time/dessert time (treat time) he'll come right to me. He'll know if I'm talking to him, like, "come here big boy (his favorite nickname) / Moogle, come here/get down from ____", he'll know. And he loves it when you kiss his nose and paws and when you hold or play with them. Loves his tummy rubbed and will hug your hand/arm. And I want to say he's about the size of a regular adult Pomeranian at 15 pounds or so?

So it's like lifting weights when he wants to be carried, and he loves bridal style, too! Haha. And sorry for talking so much! [emoji32] I just love sharing things like this with people who have common interests!

Znowcicle

Chimera~
It's fine, this is what this thread is for. :)

All I can think is that I'm so jealous of your relationship with your cats. I've never had a cat that let me be affectionate to them. All they care is if I feed them, haha. I guess I'm just more of a dog person. My dog is a little over 15 pounds (he's big for a Chihuahua), so it's like carrying around a wriggling baby.

Ayumii

Yes, exactly! Moogle is a big baby. He acts a bit like a dog, too. And yeah, lots of people say that they're jealous. D:

He has a collar on him with a tag and everything just in case God forbid something were to happen to him, and he loves coming with me to the park to relax. He doesn't mind a tiny harness, either. :p

Znowcicle

Chimera~
I've seen people walk their cats before...I just don't understand their level of sorcery. xD

My dog on the other hand loves his harness. He knows when I take it off the wall that he gets to go outside.

Ayumii

That's just like my Moogs! Or if he hears the leash for the harness being picked up he'll get excited. I don't need it too often (the leash) though, he follows me like a good boy. He also LOVES a trip to PetCo/PetsMart!

AS88

Staff member
IMAG02061_zps96e31531.jpg

Ladies, form a line ;)

AS88

Staff member
That's a good-looking German Shepard. How long have you had...him?
Thanks :) He's about 10 now, we've had him since he was 2 - he's a rescue. This picture was from when he was about 7 or 8.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Not sure if I'm going to be checking alerts for this or not during the rest of this week. Due to circumstances I'm having to give up my pets...kinda really depressed about it, but it is what it is. Hopefully they can find better homes that can take better care of them than I can especially since I'm moving. *sigh* I hate doing this.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Not sure if I'm going to be checking alerts for this or not during the rest of this week. Due to circumstances I'm having to give up my pets...kinda really depressed about it, but it is what it is. Hopefully they can find better homes that can take better care of them than I can especially since I'm moving. *sigh* I hate doing this.

Any way of putting them on some kinda hold, Znow?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts