• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demoraj

Of course there will be a snow elf back story of some sort, possibly to explain the disapearence of the dwemer. He did say he didn't want to spoil anything and that there's a lot to this dlc so to me that means yes.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
I think I heard somert a while back about the Snow Elves being involved in the DLC, not 100% sure though

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
In the trailer for Dawnguard you see some Falmer so who knows, but in the patch there were files about the Snow Prince, so who knows might be something about the snow elves in there.

ShadowGambit

SPOILER !!!

As the story goes, it would seem that the dwemer are the one responsible.

They enslaved the remaining Snow Elves after their fall. But they enslaved them in their cave to the point to get them degenerated and Blind.

They were so degenerated that they become silly for blood and that caused the dawnfall of the dwewer. The former snow elves, now FALMER, revolted against they old master and killed them to the last.

The falmer are now waiting for their champion of old, the Snow Prince, to reappear and lead them to the conquest of the "surface".

Demoraj

SPOILER !!!

As the story goes, it would seem that the dwemer are the one responsible.

They enslaved the remaining Snow Elves after their fall. But they enslaved them in their cave to the point to get them degenerated and Blind.

They were so degenerated that they become silly for blood and that caused the dawnfall of the dwewer. The former snow elves, now FALMER, revolted against they old master and killed them to the last.

The falmer are now waiting for their champion of old, the Snow Prince, to reappear and lead them to the conquest of the "surface".
actually, the dwemer fed them poisonous food to make them blind, not really spoiler, just lore.

i like the ancient falmer armor though it looks epic

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
damn, can't believe G4 would let a spoiler like that out....smh

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Of course there will be a snow elf back story of some sort, possibly to explain the disapearence of the dwemer. He did say he didn't want to spoil anything and that there's a lot to this dlc so to me that means yes.

The disappearance of the Dwemer is covered in Morrowind. Don't screw around with the heart of the mountain.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Really, Haven't played Morrowind, I thought the Dwemer disappeared because of some Daedric revenge stuff

The Dwemer vanished because they were toying with something even they couldn't understand, The Heart of Lorkhan. You actually get to meet at dwemer in Morrowind. The last of his kind.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
The Dwemer vanished because they were toying with something even they couldn't understand, The Heart of Lorkhan. You actually get to meet at dwemer in Morrowind. The last of his kind.
Heart of Lorkhan? I remember Delphine saying something about Lorkhans eyes and the madman talking about the heart of a god. Time to look it up on UESP

Epic Keith

About the snow elves, in Dawnguard, the file shows the two of them as Altmer!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Snow Elves looked like ...Elves. The two you see in Dawnguard are just very pale elves with white hair. They're a recolor of altmer presets probably.

GimnliTheNord

The

SPOILER

Snow Elf in Dawnguard hinted. The Snow Elves Were losing so they hired the Dwarves, Snow Elves were Extincted and Dwarves are Dead i guess.

So my theory is that The Nord's Killed the Dwarves and Snow Elves

:sadface:

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The Snow Elves had been pushed out of their holdings by The Nords and were faced with extinction at the hands of their human conquerors. They turned to the Dwemer for refuge, but the dwemer only offered sanctuary if the Falmer would submit to slavery. They fed them food that gradually deteriorated their vision. The long dark years toiling for the Dwemer eventually turned the falmer into savage hateful beasts.

The dwemer were not wiped out by the Nords. In fact, they had won a great victory over the Nords in Morrowind with the aid of their (then) allies, the Chimer. After the events at Red Mountain, all dwemer -everywhere- vanished from the face of nirn. The details are not known, but it is believed to be related to The Heart of Lorkhan; a mysterious and powerful artifact that the dwemer had been researching.

Their masters now vanished, the twisted falmer were free to populate the deep vacant cities of the dwarves.

GimnliTheNord

Oh.

That Sounds Cool, But if Bethesda Does not really do Anything with Dwarves that would be sad

Epic Keith

The

SPOILER

Snow Elf in Dawnguard hinted. The Snow Elves Were losing so they hired the Dwarves, Snow Elves were Extincted and Dwarves are Dead i guess.

So my theory is that The Nord's Killed the Dwarves and Snow Elves

:sadface:
Well that's not it. There was a series of wars between the Elves and the Nords led by Ysgramor. When Ysgramor returned to Skyrim, he drove off the elves with his Wuuthrad and the Companions and settled in Skyrim. The Elves, however had nowhere else to go so they went to the Dwemer and asked for refuge but like Kalin said, they wanted slavery in return for safety. The Elves worked hard under the Dwemer but the Dwarves were distrustful of them and mixed a poisonous drug in their diet which caused the Elves to be blind. After the Dwarves disappeared, the Snow Elves had not seen civilization for centuries and became a violent savage species called Falmer. They were still blind but all other senses became more advanced.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts