Snow Elves and Crossbows?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PelagiusIV

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Well Its nice to dream about a crossbow and falmer race but if your on PC you can have both right now without waiting.

Verses

wouldn't really care that much for a new race, as i think the races now present in skyrim cover pretty much every look a person could want

as for crossbows...HELL YEAH!

but well, we'll see.

Necromis

it would not be a player race.

Necromis

I would have to say I disagree on the arrow physics needing improving, they seem to be very realistic at the moment with hanging the shots and everything.

Verses

I would want to see arrows doing less damage of specific body parts

wether i shoot someone in the head of in his hand, he dies either way. same amount of damage done.
would make the game alot more challenging

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
I would have to say I disagree on the arrow physics needing improving, they seem to be very realistic at the moment with hanging the shots and everything.
I've found that I can use my recticle to hit the same spot on a target wether it's 10 feet or 150 feet. The truth is, arrows tend to start dropping rapidly after 50-60 feet. The other issue I have is the damage after the hit. I've shot 190 lb deer at 30 yards (speed appx 270 fps) and gotten a complete passthrough. I understand that shooting a bandit with orchish armor isn't going to get too far, but if I shoot a rabbit, I expect more than 2 inches of penetration. Let's not forget wind drift and human error as well.

PelagiusIV

I would want to see arrows doing less damage of specific body parts

wether i shoot someone in the head of in his hand, he dies either way. same amount of damage done.
would make the game alot more challenging

Completely agree. If I shoot someone threw the head, should be an instant kill, unless their wearing a helmet of coarse. But if I shoot someone in the foot, I feel they should just limp or fall to a knee, but not be able to die from that.

PelagiusIV

wouldn't really care that much for a new race, as i think the races now present in skyrim cover pretty much every look a person could want

They aren't going to be a playable race. Just a race within the game.

But if they are in the game, how does everyone think they'll be introduced? Maybe just time travel back to the days they were alive (Pre-Falmer), maybe the Falmer will launch an attack on the surface and by some way the Snow Prince and his top men will come back to life. (I know pretty vague idea, obviously it would need more thought and info on it).

Derpo

If i remember correctly theres a book ingame that hints that the falmar/snow elves are the greatest horrors known something we dont know. but id LOVE crossbows sadly due to how perks work i dont really invest much in archery which really pisses me off i feel like im forced to level up smithing, or getting more melee or armor....and it goes on and on till late game i have 2 perks in archery lol. what id LOVE to see in dlc is a flail.

Verses

If i remember correctly theres a book ingame that hints that the falmar/snow elves are the greatest horrors known something we dont know. but id LOVE crossbows sadly due to how perks work i dont really invest much in archery which really pisses me off i feel like im forced to level up smithing, or getting more melee or armor....and it goes on and on till late game i have 2 perks in archery lol. what id LOVE to see in dlc is a flail.

how about spears?! that would be awesome if you ask me.
and wouldn't a flail be too much like a mace?! i know you can swing that flail and all bit it's very mace-like

Derpo

how about spears?! that would be awesome if you ask me.
and wouldn't a flail be too much like a mace?! i know you can swing that flail and all bit it's very mace-like
Its a variant of a mace, much more impact damage, and extreme stagger if not knockback. and yes spears would be nice, if they come with new killcams and the spears look nice, i want HALBERDS but what i want the most? stealth killcams. im getting tired of slitting 10 guys throats in a row....theres various ways to kill someone from the shadows COME ON!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I saw this too, and Crossbows would be intersting to see.

As for the "Snow Elf" fills that they data-mined, I really wouldn't call it a "New Playable Race" just yet. Remember, Skyrim isn't like World of Warcraft. They don't really make new races here and there, especially when it could be a "Bad" race that really couldn't go and do anything lore wise (like hang out in public Cities and such). I have to say I like that they stick to their guns like that. I never want to see a Spacegoat race land on Tamerial.

I can gather it's some sort of "Falmer" expansion, but the files all say "Snowelfprince" instead of "Snowelf". These animations could be for One big bad guy. Kind of like when you find unquie animations for "Nocturnal" it's doesn't necessarily mean there are a race of "Nocturnal Ladies" running around lol.

But, thats all just speculating, because I know just as much as you guys.

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Since we're talking about bows and how they need to be fixed,
I shoot a bow while im crouching on a rock and shoot the person with the arrow,
the arrow hits the rock :mad:.
Is this some sort of graphical glitch?

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
I suspect that we are going to visit the Island that the Snow Prince lived on, Solstheim. He was the prince of the Snow Elves and I think that we are going to talk to his ghost or someone related to him somehow on that island, which is just East of Skyrim.

Lore:Solstheim - UESPWiki

i reckon it would be a flashback when tthe snow elves were fighting the dwarves and youll be on the dwarves side and defeat them or ysgramor fighting against them and when they go and retreat underground they dissapear

Verses

i reckon it would be a flashback when tthe snow elves were fighting the dwarves and youll be on the dwarves side and defeat them or ysgramor fighting against them and when they go and retreat underground they dissapear

so you think the dwemer would actually make an appearance in the game?!
that would be an awesome addition to the game.
But i'd want to fight for the snow elves and not the dwemer :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts