Snow and concrete too bright

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sleeve88

Does anyone else have this problem?

Snow is blinding! Literally makes me stop playing. Same with concrete or white coloured things (garlic, etc)

Feels like the gamma and brightness is so unbalanced in this game.

I love the game but this just makes me want to stop playing!

Any suggestions?

On pc btw.

MaxSharp333

I can't believe there has been no response to your problem! This little snow issue absolutely kills the game for me. I've googled "Fix bright snow Skyrim" about a hundred different ways and all I get is a bunch of moronic posts on how citizens of Montana experience this exact phenomena of bright snow on a hot summer day...I mean, WTF? I could give a rats A$$ of what Montanians experience on their neck of the woods...All I'm wanting to know is how the $^%$% do you turn down the brightness on the snow. That's all I'm wondering and it baffles me that more people don't have this problem....

I've tried 'Climates of Tamriel' mod, yet this mod makes the snow really bright. I've tried 'Realistic Lighting' mod and it does a pretty good job of toning down the Bright Snow...but it's rather depressing to miss the great weather system with 'Climates of Tamriel'...Jus saying.

I've followed every suggestion that has been posted on this topic...I've turned off AO, I've uninstalled every mod and ran the game Vanilla style, I've tried every lighting mod, including IMAGINATOR....I've turned down the brightness within the game, I've played with all the settings on my triology monitor set, I've truly done everything that I possibly could do.....and after all that effort, ya know what I found out? That all that damn snow was still very bright.

I'm now offering a personal reward to the person that can fix the problem...Death to Bright Snow. Triple reward if it's a Montanian.

~MaxSharp333

Neriad13

Premium Member
Have you tried turning the brightness all the way down? I've been playing with it that way for ages and snow doesn't bother me. As an aside, it also makes shadows and dungeons darker, which is an added bonus for me anyway.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Or, as you're on PC, have you tried downloading some sort of ENB? I've never used one myself and can't recommend any of them to you, but it is a distinct possibility that one of them out there changes the look of snow.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
Same for me, I have my brightness turned all the way down. Snow doesn't bother me at all, as a matter of fact I tried using realistic lighting and I found it made the snow brighter so mabye thats your problem? If you already have your brightness turned all the way down in game try turning down your screen brightness.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
I'm a PC user.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
What kind of monitor do you use? Some monitors have settings for people to play games, which makes the gaming experience a bit more vivid. Unfortunately my experience, while playing on the gaming settings on my monitor, is that it makes the game too bright. I even start to develop a headache as a result.

Go play around with your monitor settings because it just might do the trick and tone the brightness down a bit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts