Sneaky Two-Handed Character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

I've been trying this out on my new character. She's only level 10, and I've had her trained in Heavy Armor + Two Handed so far. Once I started the Thieves Guild quests, I decided to hopefully try to make her more sneaky.

I must say, Two-Handed Assassin is very amazing!

You know how on its own, Two Handers kill extremely fast? Well, even with such a small sneak bonus, it still takes most enemies out in a single hit. The killing animation is very cool, too.

Some people say it doesn't fit an Assassin, but I think it does. It kills very, VERY quickly, in or out of stealth.

Clau

The Fateless One

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Honestly, after playing some Assassin's Creed games, I don't think anything in Skyrim is "assassin" like at all, so phff.

Ebony Mail would probably be PERFECT for your character. I definitely recommend going for that.

A bit of advice on getting your smithing skill up so you can temper it: make jewelry. Smithing now increases according to the value of the made item, and jewelry is a pretty easy way to go about it without spamming the making of lots of cheap materials (leather items for example).

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Coincidentally, this is exactly what I'm working on right now. She's an imperial that I'm playing as a forsworn.

Two-handed weapon (orcish greatsword). With light armor (Forsworn Armor). Archery and Sneak with Alchemy and some early smithing. I play her as an ambusher, bushwhacker and all around wildling berserker.

Sneaking in close enough to casters/archers to charge them with a sprint/power attack. Hopefully crushing them in the ferocity of the opening rush! Then coming at the rest of their party screaming once they're off guard.

It's actually been a lot of fun, especially now that I have the decapitation perk. Also, with the forsworn armor and face paint, my character looks bloody fierce as all hell!

Agumon

I'd definately go for one handed if you intend to kill enemies with sneak attacks, unless you're going for a unique build or are roleplaying. The blade of woe is a really good dagger and daggers can inflict up to 30 times damage, while two handed weapons are capped at around 9 times damage (correct me if i'm wrong)

Also, daggers get the benefit from shrowded gloves (backstab does double damage) while the heavier weapons don't.

I'd also consider archery. You can pick off enemies from really far away and avoid detection much more easily.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I'm not sure about the original poster, but I'm using sneak to ambush enemies in the literal sense. To close ground unseen before bursting out in sudden fury and striking them down.

Not in the technical, game-play sense of a stealth kill that does X2, X4 (and so on) critical damage.

Closing ground on a magic user flinging ice-spells is a real chore! But if I'm on top of them before they even know I'm there, they've no choice but to draw their pathetic dagger and meet their gods.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts