1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Sneak Archer Guide

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Byronb81, Dec 21, 2011.

?

What is your choice for armor your archer?

1. Heavy Armor

7.5%
  2. Light Armor

88.7%
  3. Nekkid

3.8%
  1. Lycon5

Lycon5 New Member

I have a question about using daggers or swords, do you have to use them? or is it optional, if it is optional then is it recommended.

2. Necromis

Necromis Well-Known Member

daggers and swords are optional on any build. However, On the sneak builds with the Assassin Blade perk it is HIGHLY recommended as you get a 15X damage modifier with daggers when sneak attacking. Combine that with the base damage of a Daedric/Ebony blade and you will inflict more damage than any other weapon when up close.

3. Arcaedion

Arcaedion New Member

Do you recommend any follower?

4. Necromis

Honestly for sneak builds no follower is usually the best choice. That being said, the archer follower Faendal in Riverwood is a good one to use for the first few levels say thru the first quest or so, so you can up your training faster on the bow by buying it.

5. Cmdr Khaijit

Cmdr Khaijit New Member

Brillant guide. Helped me every way. Archery FTW! :) What archery weapons do you use?

6. Verses

Verses Member

just want to state that, heavy armor wouldn't be bad for a stealth character.

get the steed stone blessing, get you're boots enchanted with muffle (and sneak) and you'll have a heavy armor with the same benefits as the light armor plus better stats.

i voted for light armor, this is just a humble suggestion

7. Necromis

The reality is with a stealth character you are going to start with light armour, such as TG or DB gear, and with the right perks in smithing you can smith any light gear to the damage cap max w/o having to change armour type. That being said, you could still at higher levels switch over to heavy armour that way you can level that skill to level your character higher. Thus having both light/heavy armour skills to increase your level towards the cap.

8. Ryokozan

Ryokozan Member

Great guide and would you suggest using Faendal to get archery to 50 early on in the game?

9. Shew

Shew Account closed (at sincere request).

no you can get fairly skilled just by playing a natural game, you don't need exploits.

10. Duon

Duon Graphic Designer

Good guide; my favorite account is a Dunmer Archer/Nightblade who plays similar to you with no power leveling, I found that with my high sneak skills and illusion magics i reached Level 30 combat and only had like 34 light armor because I just never got hit. Went and did Beothiahs Calling and got Ebony Mail, swapped out my boots for some ebony ones enchanted with muffle and began leveling them equally.

Wear that combined with Nightingale hood/gloves = shadow ninja badass

I also recommend getting Throw Voice and Aura Whisper early as possible and using them allot...

• Useful Useful x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Ryokozan: 1 Point Jun 16, 2012
  11. Cahill Agent "BLAWCK"

This is the best guide ever!!! I chose a Nord but im still good at back stabs! (Get the nightingale armor it's da bomb)

12. Cahill Agent "BLAWCK"

13. Cahill Agent "BLAWCK"

Hey really NICE guide bro.
    [​IMG]

14. Cahill Agent "BLAWCK"

15. Cahill Agent "BLAWCK"

16. Cahill Agent "BLAWCK"

17. ShadowGambit

ShadowGambit Active Member

using Faendal early is a game is "Natural". The developer intentionally did it that way, as you can do the exact same with Aela as soon as you can get her as a follower... her quest is just MUCH longer. Can also do that with ANY of the trainer that can be follower... not that many though.

Glitches like the Falmer Helm/Circlet are not really intended. Using it is a bit of an abuse...

18. Nathalean

Nathalean Professional Vampire Ninja

The real deal about daggers in conjunction with Assassin's Blade is that a dual wielded power attack with two daggers consists of 4 hits.

When you now use the gloves you get from the Dark Brotherhood, you get 4 sneak attacks with 30x damage (15x from AB perk + 2x from gloves/handwraps) in one stealth combo. This ton of damage is done perfectly silent since you used daggers. Even if your character screams/moans when doing it, you won't produce actual noise, so your foes won't detect you.

19. ShadowGambit

ShadowGambit Active Member

Yes the 4 attacks x30 are nice... but not useful.

At the moment, with 100 in One Handed and Armsman 5/5, with my fully upgraded ELVEN dagger, I do 213 base damage. With Assassin Blade ALONE, I would do 3195 damage. If I'm not worng, even the strongest Dragon doesn't have that kind of HP.

The part on the silence of the dagger is the one making a little difference though.

I haven't been able to use Assassin Blade on a Dragon yet, mind you :)

20. Necromis

agreed using Faendal is not an exploit, UNLESS you ask him for your money back after you have leveled with him. If you honestly spend your money with him then it is a useful tool to use. If you ask him for your money back then it is beine exploited to gain skill at no cost or effort.

Next, on dual wield power attack. At early level it is a well needed combat tactic from the point of attempting to take out a powerful enemy, but as you get higher in level and weapon damage it won't be necessary for long.