PC Smoke effect on character - need help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

griffon321

Update - SOLVED - see final post

Up to date version, Win7x64, bunch of mods - tho none added recently that might have caused this - just got finished canvasing Blackreach. This effect always appears when loading a game - i DO NOT have any autosaves before getting this - and I am 2 months into playing.

glitch1_zps2b47fcfd.jpg

Let me 1st list the solutions that HAVE NOT WORKED:

- removespell xxxxxxxx - have tried several enemies that I encountered in Blackreach (centurion, dwarven spider/sphere, wisp, falmer), and tried ALL of their respective "SPL" listings via PgUpPgDn.
- become ethereal shout - seems similar to that right? tried using it, tried removing it's effects via "help", nothing
- dispelallspells - nope
- showracemenu - made no changes - it works, but only until load again OR going 1st person.
- sexchange x2 - works but only until load again OR going 1st person.

Tried taking off all equipment/weapons n reloading. Tried sleeping. The area in which I first noticed this was not going away was inside the "fortress" in the center of Blackreach with the big yellow sun thing. Killed some falmers and humans there.

I have a video if anyone needs it ~66mb

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am halfway done Dawnguard and ready to start Act 2 of main quest.

griffon321

Can anyone identify what effect this is? The smoke sort of swirls around above me and seems to billow out circularly below the hips.

Anyone know what creature or spell effect this might be and the corresponding id code?

griffon321

Quick update: started up the game and went exploring random and the effect seems to duplicate on EVERY load, but at one point it only had the lower smoke "cloud" billowing effect (without the upper swirling smoke effect - a clear indication that I am suffering from 2 different effects?)

pic:
glitch2_zpsf709dc46.jpg

griffon321

Just to note, this has been solved. It was the "WispMother" effect that created this smoke glitch. None of the spell ID lists that I used had anything relating to wispmothers, just Wisp. Kudos to stev40 (the "Skyrim Birds" guy) for recognizing the effect, and 'thefirewarriors' for creating the esp to fix it. Link

Logan Celner

screenshots
My character has the Dwemer Centurion effect (smoke and sparks shooting from sides and above head) when they awaken from the mechanical holding they sit in, and some how the effect looped to me and it wont go away unless i switch to vampire form than back, but if i scroll to 1st person and than back out to 3rd person, the effect appears on me again. Anyone know how to fix?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts