Smithing problem with ebony armor

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the armor ratings suddenly changing.

I have switched from light armor (100) to heavy armor (mid 30s) to try to build my skill. I am wearing ebony armor, which was smithed to legendary, wering 4 x 25% pieces of equipment and a blacksmith's elixir. It put the cuirass in the 160 range. I have a tendency to upsmith everything I find so I can sell it for more later, and I have three ebony cuirass pieces, all in the 160s.

Today, I went to do another piece with different enchantment. So, I equipped my four pieces of smithing gear, took a blacksmith's elixir, and a plain ebony cuirass...and it went to 94. No further.
I went and got another, used blacksmith's elixir and a fortify restoration potion, 94 again. No further, no matter what.

So, I went back and looked at my others, thinking maybe some part of my equipment affected it. 160s. Back to the new...94. I don't understand it. How can I have upsmithed the same armor, the same way, with the same potion and equipment, and get different raw scores?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts