Smithing and enchanting overpowered?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
oh-look-its-this-thread-again1.jpg

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Yes. Smithing and Enchanting makes the game far too easy. I liked a few of my playthroughs where I completely ignored Smithing and Enchanting. If I want to use one, I only use one not both, and I don't powerlevel it.

Or you can use them both to bring sub-par armor and weapons up to a useable level. For instance, I like the look of Leather armor, so I can get a very high Smithing score, Enchant some smithing gear, buy a 50% smithing potion from an Alchemist, and get my Leather armor to the armor cap! Some people like to wear Forsworn armor, etc. It is overpowered if you are trying to make the best possible gear. But it comes in handy if you just want to RolePlay with looks that aren't as good stats-wise.

sahqonsah

Lol well sorry I'm not long subscribed here and I haven't seen this thread yet. But I still think they are overpowered. I can three shot a dragon that's just way too powerful.

sahqonsah

Yes. Smithing and Enchanting makes the game far too easy. I liked a few of my playthroughs where I completely ignored Smithing and Enchanting. If I want to use one, I only use one not both, and I don't powerlevel it.

Or you can use them both to bring sub-par armor and weapons up to a useable level. For instance, I like the look of Leather armor, so I can get a very high Smithing score, Enchant some smithing gear, buy a 50% smithing potion from an Alchemist, and get my Leather armor to the armor cap! Some people like to wear Forsworn armor, etc. It is overpowered if you are trying to make the best possible gear. But it comes in handy if you just want to RolePlay with looks that aren't as good stats-wise.

Yea a agree there, I love steel armour and I always role play, and it keeps it more than usable at later levels. Don't get me wrong I like smithing and enchanting, but they could have toned it down a bit.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
I think it's fine the way it is, if you think it's too powerful then don't powerlevel it. As Streets said, it's great for roleplayers who want to wear a particular type of armour and not get killed at higher levels. It would be nice and a bit more balanced if some enemies were wearing improved armour, maybe some modders can take care of that?

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
yea i only have 2 smithed and enchanted weapon everything else is normal or smithed

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
.... it's only as over-powered as you make it to be.

I really don't understand all the criticism that "the game iz too ez!!! OMG!! i iz all powerful @ lvl 24 w. full Daedricz!!!" If you feel a game mechanic causes imbalance, simply don't use it or restrict yourself. Do you really NEED legendary tempered Daedric armors smithed while using max fortify potions and Smith enchanted gear? Nope.

Learn some self-control guys.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
.... it's only as over-powered as you make it to be.

I really don't understand all the criticism that "the game iz too ez!!! OMG!! i iz all powerful @ lvl 24 w. full Daedricz!!!" If you feel a game mechanic causes imbalance, simply don't use it or restrict yourself. Do you really NEED legendary tempered Daedric armors smithed while using max fortify potions and Smith enchanted gear? Nope.

Learn some self-control guys.

Pretty much this. This game offers choice, it offers freedom. Not many games do that nowadays. A gun isn't being held to your head that you have to have the best armor and weapons.

Hell, I have a character who is only wearing fur armor. Mainly because he lives in a tribe, and the animals they hunt provide their clothing. Role Play can work wonders in a game such as this.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts