• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
How many of you use this perk? I really can't decide if I like it better with or without it, I'm trying to decide quick so I can move on and not feel regrets about this.

I'm not planning on 50% at all, that would just be overboard I think even though I don't have it unlocked yet. On one hand I like that it's more realistic in real-time, I use a bow a lot and like to just go out exploring and hunting animals and taking down bandits, I lowered my difficulty for this reason so I can get some sweet 1 shot killcams on moose and stuff, I know I could just not zoom in when I don't want time slowed but I pretty much always zoom so..

On the other hand skyrim isn't really suppose to be realistic anyway, and with time slowed down it can be pretty cool especially in closer quarters battle because in real-time sometimes things are moving a little TOO quickly, the time slowed adds almost sort of an adrenaline effect or something.

Hmm, have a tough decision to make, any other archers here and did you bother with this perk?

Nighthiker77

I used it on my first character but i don't have anymore. You really don't need it and it just slows the game down

Ivory

Let's Player
use it more to catch arrows flying at me than anything.

SkyrimFreak

I don't use it anymore, I tried it once but I kept missing, it kind of throws me off. It's hard to get used to, slowing down when you zoom in but the arrow traveling in normal time. Then again, I don't use zoom very much anyway, it's usually pretty easy to be accurate without it. Just my opinion.

Hmm yeah, I guess I'm just gonna go without it, it's a little fun but bow is my primary weapon now and I don't want it to get annoying down the line, I could always add it later and go screw around and re-load a save, that would give me more time to see if I like it more, don't know why I didn't think of that before, it doesn't have to be an end of all decision I guess.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
As an archer myself, the perk drives me nuts. I don't really use the zoom feature either in most cases, unless I'm trying for a very long distance shot so the slow actually messes me up. Still 95 in archery and getting better ain't too bad. Wish I'd skipped the perk but it sounded cool at the time.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I loved it. It made it so much easier to aim for me and get impossible shots that I never would have been able to otherwise. For instance, at one point my follower and I were attacked by a couple vampires just outside Fort Dawnguard. My follower (I think it may have been Celann) furiously charges in to grapple with one of them. The two of them are a blur of arms and blades and spells and I'm just standing off to side with my bow, trying to get a shot in without inadvertently harming Celann. And then, as I slow time, the two of them separate for one moment. I snipe the vampire in one flawless shot.

That was the one perk that really made me feel like a master bowman and taught me just how awesome archery could be.

Nighthiker77

It depends what platform you are playing on too. Its a lot easier to aim quick with a mouse and pick locks with a keyboard than it is on PS3

Morgan

I don't use it anymore, I tried it once but I kept missing, it kind of throws me off. It's hard to get used to, slowing down when you zoom in but the arrow traveling in normal time. Then again, I don't use zoom very much anyway, it's usually pretty easy to be accurate without it. Just my opinion.

This is pretty much my experience. I don't use it at all.

Don't worry about realism though. I've done a lot of shooting IRL, and after awhile, you really do get to a point where it seems like everything stops, and you have all the time in the world to pull the trigger, even on moving targets. I think they got the concept right, if not the actual execution.

It depends what platform you are playing on too. Its a lot easier to aim quick with a mouse and pick locks with a keyboard than it is on PS3

Yeah, a mouse would be a hell of a lot easier to aim but I'm pretty used to playstation consoles, so I have the sensitivity on max no problem which helps, it's actually way slower than id like though. :sadface: But this is coming from a guy who's used to playing on maxed sensitivity from COD all the way back to the good old socom days.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I use two for my Bosmer Archer. It's an excellent perk if you use it properly. It allows me to hit targets easily while moving at the same time. Combined with the Ranger perk it makes it easy for me to maintain enough distance to keep firing arrows and it allows me to easily evade arrows and spells while hitting my enemies at the same time. It increases my fire rate because the time it takes to do a full draw of the bow is still running in real time even though everything else in the game is running in slowed time. It's part of the reason why my Bosmer Archer never has to rely on anything but her bow in combat.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Love it. All perks in slow time+slow time shout=kill 6 hostiles without them even unsheathing their weapon.

It's also great for trick shots and when hunting animals for fun. Also great if the only weapon you use is a bow, because you can take out a group of hostiles without taking much damage.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
How many of you use this perk? I really can't decide if I like it better with or without it, I'm trying to decide quick so I can move on and not feel regrets about this.

I'm not planning on 50% at all, that would just be overboard I think even though I don't have it unlocked yet. On one hand I like that it's more realistic in real-time, I use a bow a lot and like to just go out exploring and hunting animals and taking down bandits, I lowered my difficulty for this reason so I can get some sweet 1 shot killcams on moose and stuff, I know I could just not zoom in when I don't want time slowed but I pretty much always zoom so..

On the other hand skyrim isn't really suppose to be realistic anyway, and with time slowed down it can be pretty cool especially in closer quarters battle because in real-time sometimes things are moving a little TOO quickly, the time slowed adds almost sort of an adrenaline effect or something.

Hmm, have a tough decision to make, any other archers here and did you bother with this perk?

I do like it and it does work only when you zoom in and in my opinion it is very useful when facing vamps. Practically it does the same effect as slow time which I use a lot to kill vamps so before they get close to me, I kill them with my bow. If you do not zoom in, and you have the Quick Shot perk, then your draw will be much faster. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts