• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Ok when i play skyrim and go to a menu like magic it shows a error saying its not compatible with the latest version or something, this is getting annoying cuz i everytime i die and open a different or the same invetory it gets annoyingPrintscreen.pngPrintscreen2.png

Nighthiker77

Your SKSE, Skyrim, and SkyUI all need to be for the same skyrim update version. It looks like you have at least 1 that doesn't match the other 2. Mine is doing something similar, but not exactly the same, because I updated my Skyrim but haven't fixed my SKSE yet.

If you update to the latest version of each it should work again. I don't have mine fixed yet because I don't have a 7z decompressor on my laptop yet and installing from file in NMM does not do it right.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Your SKSE, Skyrim, and SkyUI all need to be for the same skyrim update version. It looks like you have at least 1 that doesn't match the other 2. Mine is doing something similar, but not exactly the same, because I updated my Skyrim but haven't fixed my SKSE yet.

If you update to the latest version of each it should work again. I don't have mine fixed yet because I don't have a 7z decompressor on my laptop yet and installing from file in NMM does not do it right.
Yep. SKSE is definitely a manual install...

theoduck

Very detailed video...

I simply followed the instructions in the README, but instead of copy/replacing my .dll files, I renamed them with the extension .old, then copied the current SKSE files into the directory.

I did not use a mod manager for anything, for the stuff in the Data folder, I copy/replaced.

Then I got rid of all of my shortcuts for the SKSE Skyrim launcher and created new ones... I have had problems with using old shortcuts in the past...

jarif

ok i went to download SKUI 3.4 so i could use the SKSE Script and nexus said
This report informs you about potential problems with your SkyUI installation.

Fix these problems , then press 'Refresh' to confirm that they're gone.
After all problems have been resolved, you can continue with the installation.

-----------
Problem #1:
-----------
There are files in your 'Data/' folder, which override newer versions from the SkyUI.bsa archive.

These files are:
Data/Interface/bartermenu.swf
Data/Interface/containermenu.swf
Data/Interface/inventorymenu.swf
Data/Interface/magicmenu.swf

Potential causes:
* An old SkyUI version was not uninstalled before installing the new one.

Solution:
1. If you have an old SkyUI version installed in NMM, uninstall it, then try again.
2. If there are still problematic files reported, delete them manually.

theoduck

ok i went to download SKUI 3.4 so i could use the SKSE Script and nexus said
This report informs you about potential problems with your SkyUI installation.

Fix these problems , then press 'Refresh' to confirm that they're gone.
After all problems have been resolved, you can continue with the installation.

-----------
Problem #1:
-----------
There are files in your 'Data/' folder, which override newer versions from the SkyUI.bsa archive.

These files are:
Data/Interface/bartermenu.swf
Data/Interface/containermenu.swf
Data/Interface/inventorymenu.swf
Data/Interface/magicmenu.swf

Potential causes:
* An old SkyUI version was not uninstalled before installing the new one.

Solution:
1. If you have an old SkyUI version installed in NMM, uninstall it, then try again.
2. If there are still problematic files reported, delete them manually.

Yeah, ditch those files. I don't have any of those in my installation of SKSE/SkyUI. Must be from an older version, which WILL screw things up.

My Skyrim

TESV 1.9.32
SKSE 1.6.13
SkyUI 1.3

jarif

ok i have deleted these files but now it says i have to install the latest version of SKSE.... wtf i have installed it -_- but when i open it to play skyrim it suddently says update the latest version of skyrim

theoduck

ok i have deleted these files but now it says i have install the latest version of SKSE.... wtf i have installed it -_- but when i open it to play skyrim it suddently says update the latest version of skyrim
What version of TESV do you have?

jarif

I don't know what that means. I have version 1.9.32.0, which must be the latest because my Skyrim auto-updates via Steam.
meeh i think it is, thats just what you get if you type that in google. I cant use steam unfortunately

theoduck

meeh i think it is, thats just what you get if you type that in google. I cant use steam unfortunately
If you are using a Skyrim obtained by shady means, this is probably not going to work.

theoduck

were else am i meant to update the game then?
I really don't know. Unless you get a legit copy of the game, I really can't figure out how to help you mod it. It has less to do with any moral stance I might have... and more to do with the fact that I really just don't know.

jarif

Ok i have updated my skyrim and the menu is working perfectly :D i hope this forum helps someone and thanks to the most interesting Khajiit in the world lol (theoduck)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts