• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TaliaAI

SO I'm playing Skyrim on my computer and I've found the controls to be difficult to use. I'm thinking about buying a version for another platform to test it out. Could anyone who has had experience with all three versions tell me which is easier to use??

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Just get a controller to use on the PC xD

Staff member

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Doubt it. I use keyboard and mouse lol. Pretty sure Google is more of your friend in this case than I lol

Staff member

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
I don't....I don't get why people are having trouble with this. Like Gids said, just get a controller

raze1907

Pc version is by far the best. I'm not really sure how you're finding the controls hard but you can just use a controller on pc if that's the case.

Joanner1210

PC is better than consoles for me. but if you're having a hard time playing on pc, instead of buying a new console why not use a usb controller for pc ? but if you want I suggest buying PS3. :D

chobo

In terms of overall experience, I believe that the PC will give you the best time. Higher resolution, nicer textures (which can be modded, but I'll get to that later), faster load times (if using an SSD), and more natural feeling controls (this one is from personal experience).
I don't think you'll find much difference at all in terms of performance or experience between the 2 console versions. If you happen to have both of those consoles, just whichever controller you like more. I prefer the keyboard above any kind of controller for this type of game. I feel like there are a lot of controls and menus that are slower or difficult to navigate using a controller. This could very well be the opposite for someone who is more comfortable with a controller. If the keyboard is the main issue for you, then I'd recommend getting a PC controller. Or even just an Xbox One controller, which works very well on Windows machines.
Aside from the use of a different peripheral, the PC allows for much more customization in terms of mods. Ever think there was something missing from the game? Want the trees to look nicer? Want new companions? Want everyone to be naked? There's a mod for that!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
If you are more inclined to use an Xbox controller, you don't have to buy a Microsoft branded one. I play on PC and have a cheap controller with xbox360 driver software. Or if you already have a controller, click on THIS LINK to help you set it up for game play on your PC.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If you are more inclined to use an Xbox controller, you don't have to buy a Microsoft branded one. I play on PC and have a cheap controller with xbox360 driver software. Or if you already have a controller, click on THIS LINK to help you set it up for game play on your PC.
Very true. I understand there are some excellent ones out there.

Just, for God's sake, don't try it with a PS controller. It took me ages to get the software to be able run mine. Probably why I'm still doing Skyrim on the PS3. :)

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I played on both PC and PS3. I still play a bit of Skyrim on the PC. If your PC is good enough, and you don't get on with the keyboard (you can reprogram the keys to ones that suit you) then get a controller, there are plenty of usb ones out there for the PC made by reputable companies which are cheaper than a ps3 or xbox controller.

The Coffee Guy

The World's #1 Contradictory Person
PC all the way. Not in terms of PC Master Race, but the mods, unofficial patches and extra graphics options. With a controller and 60fps the game is great!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts