Skyrim won't load (PS3)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
It just happened all of a sudden, at first I thought it was the PS3 unable to read the disc itself as if it was messed up, I tried cleaning it with no success. So I bought a new game, same problem:
-Main menu checks it out as if it's a working game
-HDD check, click ok
-Loads trophies
-Sits there as black screen with no signs of working

Any ideas? I really wanna check it out, I have 2 copies of Skyrim and unable to play either.

JoeReese

Can you play any other games on it?

I suppose it could be any number of things, but you can move your ps3 saves over to a flash drive, if you end up needing to put the PS3 through a format.

highwind

If there is game data installed it might be worth a try deleting it and letting the game download the updates again. Maybe something happened during installation to mess it up.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Well, installation has been a while ago. I had this game for over a year now and it's been working just fine until recently. Every other game can be played except a couple with actual error numbers given (HDD errors) but my hard drive has been saying it was getting full from how many games I have (not downloaded though). Could it be it can't process with the hard drive due to being full after loading trophies?

Benthos

Proud Mer
well heres your problem...its a ps3, skyrim and ps3 don't mix well...i've had a 360 since day they came out, play it roughly 36-48 hours a weeks, sometime more and never over heated, rarely freezes....just my 2 cents though
Freezing and over-heating isn't the issue here though. It plays very well on my PS3 for more hours without either as well. I didn't have it since the release date but it's not the game that's the problem.

DragonMyth

Slay 'em.
Which Main Menu, PS3 Main or the game itself's Main?

If it's the game itself's main menu that freezes up, I would think it's the excessive amount of save data. Try deleting some older data and see if that helps.

I've always wondered how many saves can the game take? I'm only at save 200 and something but my 360's already getting pretty slow. I didn't have this problem before I got Skyrim.

Benthos

Proud Mer

If it's the game itself's main menu that freezes up, I would think it's the excessive amount of save data. Try deleting some older data and see if that helps.

I've always wondered how many saves can the game take? I'm only at save 200 and something but my 360's already getting pretty slow. I didn't have this problem before I got Skyrim.
The PS3's main menu will acknowledge there's a game in it, acknowledge it's Skyrim, I'll select the game to open and load, it'll state of automatic saves/HDD so I click ok, then trophies load 100%, then nothing after that, just black screen. There's no further activity. No Skyrim logo, no Skyrim music, no menu, etc.

DragonMyth

Slay 'em.

The PS3's main menu will acknowledge there's a game in it, acknowledge it's Skyrim, I'll select the game to open and load, it'll state of automatic saves/HDD so I click ok, then trophies load 100%, then nothing after that, just black screen. There's no further activity. No Skyrim logo, no Skyrim music, no menu, etc.
Unfamiliar with the PS3, so I'm not gonna be much use.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I've not played it on the pS3 for quite a while, but I had problem where I had to delete some of my old saves, on the ps3 and remote ones (if you're a Playstation+ member). That's the only issue I had with the PS3 version.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts