Skyrim theme plagiarizes Enya?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
No more than this (start at 30 secs)

hexacorde

However Carmina Burana features only (very) similar orchestration... Indeed this orchestration became an standard in bombastic themes...

I'm calling for the resemblances in harmony and melody... Of course, this is a matter of perception and opinion.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Really, I think the music is similar enough to possibly be "inspired by" the overall feeling of the Enya song but there's no way I'd equate any of it to plagiarism. I'm sure we could find any number of other songs and compositions that we could argue equally inspired the Skyrim theme.

XbSuper

Really, I think the music is similar enough to possibly be "inspired by" the overall feeling of the Enya song but there's no way I'd equate any of it to plagiarism. I'm sure we could find any number of other songs and compositions that we could argue equally inspired the Skyrim theme.

^This, people really need to stop saying skyrim ripped things off, they took inspiration from other places, but never ripped off ANYTHING.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
It's similar, but it's a style of music. To call it plagiarism as in your topic title is overstepping. Maybe your title was meant to be provocative? I dunno... It's not something that would bother me.

By that same token, you could make the assumption that John Williams' Duel of the Fates from The Phantom Menace was also plagiarizing... :rolleyes:

xaraan

They built their music (and world) from viking/germanic/celtic/etc. influences, of course you'd hear something similar in "sound" from other singers/bands that do the same thing. Enya isn't some original sound; she is just a celtic folk singer blended with new age stuff. Although in this instance I don't hear jack crap in comparison... of every "This sounds like" youtube video that one is one of the worst.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Actually I think the Skyrim theme is a TOTAL RIP-OFF Of this piece :

I mean, OMG, It sounds just like it!

Wheelie

I've noticed parts that remind me of Wagner's Lohengrin and Stravinsky's Rite Of Spring. Doesn't mean they plagiarized classical music, it is just in the same style.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts