• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
This is truly an incredibly engaging story. I never read fantasy stories, just non-fiction and science things but this is sincerely enjoyable to read and quite professional. No doubt you actually could be a professional author; it's brilliant that there are such powerful writers in the gaming community :)
If you ever have your stories published, please tell us what name to look out for - you've already made yourself an eager audience.

I'm already finished in the world of Skyrim, but when the next TES game is released, I'll remember this story and try to write something like it. I will aspire to be but half as impressive a writer as you.

Just got a new scene up. The second-last in the chapter! :D

I'll probably finish the final one tomorrow - a small epilogue that ties up one last loose end.
Can't wait to read it when I get a chance! :)

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
This is truly an incredibly engaging story. I never read fantasy stories, just non-fiction and science things but this is sincerely enjoyable to read and quite professional. No doubt you actually could be a professional author; it's brilliant that there are such powerful writers in the gaming community :)
If you ever have your stories published, please tell us what name to look out for - you've already made yourself an eager audience.

I'm already finished in the world of Skyrim, but when the next TES game is released, I'll remember this story and try to write something like it. I will aspire to be but half as impressive a writer as you.

*nods head in the affirmative*

Neriad13

Premium Member
I actually do have dreams and plans to become a published novelist someday. I've been writing just about my entire life and though I've tried several times to escape the "curse" of the artist, that's the path that I've always gravitated right back toward.

I view 'Skyrim' as my "practice novel," a learning experience that'll teach me about the amount of effort that goes into writing a novel, what works and what doesn't work, how to budget time, how to construct a plot, how to create enduring characters, how to work within restrictions, how to conduct and use research and so on. I started this project after a two-year fallow period brought on by a significant loss, as a way to get back into writing and see if this really was what I wanted to do with my life.

After it's done, I definitely have plans to move on to original works, to just keep getting better and better at what I do, whatever happens. As for my name...

*extends hand warmly*

...it's Alena Matuch. Nice to meet you.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I actually do have dreams and plans to become a published novelist someday. I've been writing just about my entire life and though I've tried several times to escape the "curse" of the artist, that's the path that I've always gravitated right back toward.

I view 'Skyrim' as my "practice novel," a learning experience that'll teach me about the amount of effort that goes into writing a novel, what works and what doesn't work, how to budget time, how to construct a plot, how to create enduring characters, how to work within restrictions, how to conduct and use research and so on. I started this project after a two-year fallow period brought on by a significant loss, as a way to get back into writing and see if this really was what I wanted to do with my life.

After it's done, I definitely have plans to move on to original works, to just keep getting better and better at what I do, whatever happens. As for my name...

*extends hand warmly*

...it's Alena Matuch. Nice to meet you.

well, as long as you don't use a pen name then i'll know what to look for. I have had works published but it was only a few poems and it seems like it was ages ago...nothing nearly on the scale of this book that you are writing. anyways, I think it is excellent thus far and I would still have a talk with your teachers (they wont like it but I don't care about a lot of things) o_O

Neriad13

Premium Member
well, as long as you don't use a pen name then i'll know what to look for. I have had works published but it was only a few poems and it seems like it was ages ago...nothing nearly on the scale of this book that you are writing. anyways, I think it is excellent thus far and I would still have a talk with your teachers (they wont like it but I don't care about a lot of things) o_O

Haha, my teacher's a six foot tall chef with an arsenal of knives. No kidding. :D

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Haha, my teacher's a six foot tall chef with an arsenal of knives. No kidding. :D
lol, I'm a 5'9" tall Army E-5 with an arsenal of guns. "never bring a knife to a gun fight"...

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Hoo, point taken. :)
My above post being said, "I DO NOT ADVOCATE THE USE OF GUNS FOR ANY ACT OF VIOLENCE BE IT RANDOM OR OTHERWISE." Guns Don't kill people, people kill people.

LOL, but yes you are a very talented person and you definitely have a fan

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Same here, I've havn't had such a grippingly fun read in years. In fact, if you were to check out my RP Alduin Unleashed and lend any tips to improve my writing I would be so grateful.
Open - [SKYRIM RP] Alduin Unleashed | Skyrim Forums
In addition, when you're finished with this novel (which I hope won't be too soon) then I could picture your story so well, it could be made into a full-length machinima. I would get in touch (with a personal message or something) when you have your completed work.
machinima - YouTube

Don't let this distract you yet, though, keep it up :)

Neriad13

Premium Member
And with that, Chapter III is finally complete. I shall listen to the final movement of Handel's Messiah and crack open the cooking wine in celebration.

Though it does have a sad ending unsuited to jubilant music and cheap Chardonnay is vile when it's not being made into a sauce or stew. :confused:

Anyway, a question for all readers concerning the next chapter:

How would you prefer to read Chapter IV? Is the reading made more enjoyable if I post the entire finished chapter all at once, as I did for Chapters I and II? Or did you prefer the shorter, more frequent updates employed in Chapter III? As of yet, I have no idea how long Chapter IV's going to end up being.

Same here, I've havn't had such a grippingly fun read in years. In fact, if you were to check out my RP Alduin Unleashed and lend any tips to improve my writing I would be so grateful.
Open - [SKYRIM RP] Alduin Unleashed | Skyrim Forums
In addition, when you're finished with this novel (which I hope won't be too soon) then I could picture your story so well, it could be made into a full-length machinima. I would get in touch (with a personal message or something) when you have your completed work.
machinima - YouTube

Don't let this distract you yet, though, keep it up :)

I've long thought that a machinima featuring scenes from my story would be very cool, especially after watching videos like "The Siege of Markarth." To make a machinima out of the entire thing would be a huge, ambitious project for a serious fan. And as so much of the story takes place in the characters' heads and facial expressions in Skyrim are so limited, I'm not very certain how well the story would translate to film. But some of the more awesome fight scenes would definitely do well as a machinima and would be spectacular to see.

There's a couple times, using mods, that I've been able to recreate scenes from the story. Using the "Burned Bodies" mod, I was once able to kill Uthgard in Bleak Falls Barrow and place her sword in her charred hands. It was eerie, how exactly she'd looked like I'd imagined her. Unfortunately, as my computer lacks screenshot capabilities, I was unable to take a picture. But this is all a dream for another day. :)

I'll definitely check out your work when I get time. ^.^

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Oh of course, I was imagining that Machinima would use real actors and settings like they are for the current 'Bite Me' series (which I'm loving by the way) in order to achieve realistic expressions and things like that... but how on Nirn are they going to employ giants and mammoths?
Regardless, I would love to see your novel as a series of books (a book for each chapter maybe) in the next TES game :D I doubt they would ever turn down such an epic, in-depth and lore-friendly fan-fiction. And thanks :)

And I vote for frequent, small updates because it's more frequent (obviously) and makes every update a cliffhanger

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
And with that, Chapter III is finally complete. I shall listen to the final movement of Handel's Messiah and crack open the cooking wine in celebration.

Though it does have a sad ending unsuited to jubilant music and cheap Chardonnay is vile when it's not being made into a sauce or stew. :confused:

Anyway, a question for all readers concerning the next chapter:

How would you prefer to read Chapter IV? Is the reading made more enjoyable if I post the entire finished chapter all at once, as I did for Chapters I and II? Or did you prefer the shorter, more frequent updates employed in Chapter III? As of yet, I have no idea how long Chapter IV's going to end up being.

I've long thought that a machinima featuring scenes from my story would be very cool, especially after watching videos like "The Siege of Markarth." To make a machinima out of the entire thing would be a huge, ambitious project for a serious fan. And as so much of the story takes place in the characters' heads and facial expressions in Skyrim are so limited, I'm not very certain how well the story would translate to film. But some of the more awesome fight scenes would definitely do well as a machinima and would be spectacular to see.

There's a couple times, using mods, that I've been able to recreate scenes from the story. Using the "Burned Bodies" mod, I was once able to kill Uthgard in Bleak Falls Barrow and place her sword in her charred hands. It was eerie, how exactly she'd looked like I'd imagined her. Unfortunately, as my computer lacks screenshot capabilities, I was unable to take a picture. But this is all a dream for another day. :)

I'll definitely check out your work when I get time. ^.^

the frequent small updates are okay, i don't think i started reading before it wasn't like that

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Can't remember how much time i took to read the whole thing, i didn't even have time to continue my own story while reading this :p
Can't wait, must read another chapter.....man you need to write to storyline of the Next Elder Scrolls

PelagiusIV

Just finished your first chapter, and before I read anymore I just wanted to say amazing job! I started reading it expecting it to be like the other journals that are posted up, but your's is like a real book, I love it! Your attention to details and the way you started off from the Draugr point of view were simply stunning. Going back to finish the other chapters now, keep up the good work and can't wait for more of this!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts