1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Skyrim "Teen" Mod

Discussion in 'Skyrim Mods' started by Brina, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Brina

Brina Scourge of the Draugr Scourges

Modification Development Paused/Stopped

I am very sorry to say that I can't work on this modification anymore. I don't have any time for this side project and I have been very busy in my life recently. Also, since the mod reached a problem which I can't find a way to fix, I don't have any base to continue work on the mod even just a few minutes at a time.

So, indefinitely, development/work on this mod has been paused. I don't know when or if I will be starting the project again, but if I do I will post the mod in this thread.

Again, I'm really sorry and I feel very bad for disappointing all the people who needed a mod like this to play Skyrim, but working on this mod isn't possible for me now.
    I MIGHT work on this mod a tiny bit here and there, but don't count on anything. If I do end up completing the mod, I'll post it here.

Thanks,
    -G
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Rex Prime: 3 Points (i can't donate with money but i can donate with rep points) Dec 25, 2012
    Megamanex: 1 Point (thanks for creating the Teen mod!) Feb 20, 2013
    • Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Skullrattla

Skullrattla Button Pusher

The problem isn't the gore, it is the encouragement of psychopathic behaviour, like pretty much all "serious" games.
    • Like Like x 1
    ShenziSixaxis likes this.
  3. Omega Dragon

Omega Dragon Active Member

Albeit I wouldn't download such a mod (cause I am who I am), I can't help but applaud your initiative to make a more kid-friendly(?) Skyrim and as such, I hope your project goes well. :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    GrimR3velation likes this.
  4. Epic Keith

Epic Keith By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!

Who would want to make Skyrim for teens?
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Omega Dragon

Omega Dragon Active Member

Plenty of people may enjoy Skyrim and feel that it could use more Teen-rated or lower content, just like there are plenty of people like us that enjoy it being M-rated or that it should have more M-rated content.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. John Doe

John Doe New Member

Hi, I just wanted to say that I love what you are doing here. I'm allowed to play Skyrim now, thanks to you and this mod!! Enjoy a rep and I'll also click on your adf.ly links.

EDIT: The mod has been discontinued, but you can download the 1.2 version from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76548653/DNM/Downloads/PGpack Beta 1.2.zip

Note that this is the 1.2 version, which I downloaded almost a year ago now, so the new version might be better, although I don't know where you can download it. The 1.2 version works fine enough for me though. There is no blood and gore, although the sequenced beheading execution at the beginning still happens...not sure if that's an error or if it can be removed, but all the other violence is removed.

The mod doesn't remove the swearing, although the swearing in the game is rather tame compared to most other M games. It's *fairly* common to get a "d--n" or "hell," and a rarer occasional "b---h," but there are no "f words" in the game at all. This is probably PG level swearing, maybe PG-13 at its worst.
    • Like Like x 2
    -Mir- and Lindsay like this.
  7. Brina

Hi, and thanks, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm also glad to know that people are downloading the mod, that way I can keep supporting it and fix any reported bugs :)
    • Like Like x 1
    -Mir- likes this.
  8. IBuTrollFen

IBuTrollFen New Member

I was wondering if someone could make a video of this mod?

Thanks
  9. Brina

Absolutely.
  10. IBuTrollFen

IBuTrollFen New Member

So are you going to make the video just wondering

Thanks
  11. Brina

I'll make it tomorrow since it's 12:00am here right now if that's all right :p
  12. IBuTrollFen

IBuTrollFen New Member

Its fine
  13. IBuTrollFen

IBuTrollFen New Member

Just realized I never said thank you
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Brina

:)
    Really sorry to say this, but I won't be able to make the video until say.. sunday :sadface:
    I tried recording the video last minute but it's completely pixelated and you can't see a thing.
    Sorry!
  15. IBuTrollFen

IBuTrollFen New Member

Its fine thanks for getting back
  16. J3D3X

J3D3X New Member

ive been playing TES since i was 6, now 14 and it hasn't screwed me up... much... but i like how your making this mod maybe encourage some kids to play :D
    • Like Like x 1
    -Mir- likes this.
  17. PoisonPen

PoisonPen Member

Burnt bodies are bad, but rewarding the player for cannibalism and cold-blooded murder are okay? Not criticizing, just trying to figure out your reasoning for what stays and what goes. Do you really consider blood spatter to be worse than betraying and sacrificing your friends to a dark god? Are the burnt bodies worse than the tiny corpses of poisoned children half-buried in Forelhost?
  18. Brina

The player isn't forced to do those, but blood is something you're bound to see because you must fight enemies to progress. I guess it's not supposed to make it super kid friendly, but a small revision for those who want it. o_O
    • Like Like x 1
    -Mir- likes this.
  19. Brina

Development is slow, but progressing. I am making an official website for my mods. I am sorry for all the waits but I have a very busy life and have struggled to find time for side projects like this.
  20. Aerinir

Aerinir Lord Magister

I am a teen and I play skyrim, my mother and father let me do a lot of things.