Skyrim "Teen" Mod

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brina

Modification Development Paused/Stopped

I am very sorry to say that I can't work on this modification anymore. I don't have any time for this side project and I have been very busy in my life recently. Also, since the mod reached a problem which I can't find a way to fix, I don't have any base to continue work on the mod even just a few minutes at a time.

So, indefinitely, development/work on this mod has been paused. I don't know when or if I will be starting the project again, but if I do I will post the mod in this thread.

Again, I'm really sorry and I feel very bad for disappointing all the people who needed a mod like this to play Skyrim, but working on this mod isn't possible for me now.
I MIGHT work on this mod a tiny bit here and there, but don't count on anything. If I do end up completing the mod, I'll post it here.

Thanks,
-G

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
The problem isn't the gore, it is the encouragement of psychopathic behaviour, like pretty much all "serious" games.

Omega Dragon

Albeit I wouldn't download such a mod (cause I am who I am), I can't help but applaud your initiative to make a more kid-friendly(?) Skyrim and as such, I hope your project goes well. :)

Omega Dragon

Who would want to make Skyrim for teens?

Plenty of people may enjoy Skyrim and feel that it could use more Teen-rated or lower content, just like there are plenty of people like us that enjoy it being M-rated or that it should have more M-rated content.

John Doe

Hi, I just wanted to say that I love what you are doing here. I'm allowed to play Skyrim now, thanks to you and this mod!! Enjoy a rep and I'll also click on your adf.ly links.

EDIT: The mod has been discontinued, but you can download the 1.2 version from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76548653/DNM/Downloads/PGpack Beta 1.2.zip

Note that this is the 1.2 version, which I downloaded almost a year ago now, so the new version might be better, although I don't know where you can download it. The 1.2 version works fine enough for me though. There is no blood and gore, although the sequenced beheading execution at the beginning still happens...not sure if that's an error or if it can be removed, but all the other violence is removed.

The mod doesn't remove the swearing, although the swearing in the game is rather tame compared to most other M games. It's *fairly* common to get a "d--n" or "hell," and a rarer occasional "b---h," but there are no "f words" in the game at all. This is probably PG level swearing, maybe PG-13 at its worst.

J3D3X

ive been playing TES since i was 6, now 14 and it hasn't screwed me up... much... but i like how your making this mod maybe encourage some kids to play :D

PoisonPen

Burnt bodies are bad, but rewarding the player for cannibalism and cold-blooded murder are okay? Not criticizing, just trying to figure out your reasoning for what stays and what goes. Do you really consider blood spatter to be worse than betraying and sacrificing your friends to a dark god? Are the burnt bodies worse than the tiny corpses of poisoned children half-buried in Forelhost?

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I'm laughing over this "teen" mod. Seriously this was design to be played by young adults. What the hell are children doing playing this game?

I suppose the Dark Brotherhood quest was also remove since it demonstrates extreme violence. And what about assassinating the Emperor at the end? Since burnt bodies has been removed... who is to replace the burnt body of Astrid laying on the floor? Removing decapitations? Finish movers? WHY?!?!?!?

No offense but this mod is a game breaker.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
While i am not going to download this mod (i have no problem with the game as it is) but this mod will help many poor sods who can't play this magnificent game just because of their overprotective parents. Thanks to you those souls can finally enjoy Skyrim :)

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
To be honest, I find the game T-rating worthy as it is. It's the most tame M game I've ever played, and I let my 10 year old sister play it. There's hardly any swearing (no F-bombs that I've heard so far) and the only real problem is gore (or magic, if you're that protective). I don't really see a need for this mod.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
To be honest, I find the game T-rating worthy as it is. It's the most tame M game I've ever played, and I let my 10 year old sister play it. There's hardly any swearing (no F-bombs that I've heard so far) and the only real problem is gore (or magic, if you're that protective). I don't really see a need for this mod.

I Kinda agree but, well...many parents are that protective, and that sucks for many young gamers who want to play real games instead of [insert any boring kid-friendly game here]

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I Kinda agree but, well...many parents are that protective, and that sucks for many young gamers who want to play real games instead of [insert any boring kid-friendly game here]

The only good games are rated M. Kind of sucks.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
The only good games are rated M. Kind of sucks.
There are some non-M rated games that don't suck, look at Rayman Origins for an example, the best platformer that doesn't have Mario on the title.
Anyway, 80% of good games are M rated, only a few good games are left for young gamers with overprotective parents.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts