• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
So I design clothes and I'm just trying to figure out if anyone would ACTUALLY be interested in them.

I'll be launching my Etsy store hopefully by the middle of next month. Just carrying out some research :)

The clothes would consist of things like battle gear, robes, jackets, corset-style tops for women.

Obviously I wouldn't use actual metal for the "Battle gear" Probably studs and the like. I'll be using skyrim as my inspiration. I don't want to spend hours making a single item if it turns out no one would actually be interested.

Feedback would be much appreciated :) Just for if you'd be interested and what you think about it.

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
Is there a chance you could do clothes for men as well?

Nighthiker77

I think the pricepoint you aim for would be a huge factor. I don't know anything about designing or producing clothing specifically but I know a lot about business and service productivity and I'll definitely be following this thread. I'd love to make some of my own leather and costume stuff some day.

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
Is there a chance you could do clothes for men as well?

A few items would be unisex unless specifically stated (Robes, some jackets etc) But I was thinking of doing specifically male items too :) Just haven't got any designed yet.

I think the pricepoint you aim for would be a huge factor. I don't know anything about designing or producing clothing specifically but I know a lot about business and service productivity and I'll definitely be following this thread. I'd love to make some of my own leather and costume stuff some day.

Basically my stock won't be cheap because per item there is about 6-7 hours work to be done, depending on the item of clothing. But in saying that they won't be ridiculously expensive either, I'd like to say that they were reasonable enough to cover fabric expenses and the labor I put into them :)

Karen

boop.
I think you could get away with prices slightly higher than that of regular stores and such; Etsy is mainly for homemade products, and most people that shop there are aware that many things people sell are handmade and individually crafted, so they usually don't mind paying a bit more.

Also, sounds awesome! I can't promise I'll buy anything (poor student and all), but I'd definitely be interested in looking at what you make and window/screen-shopping.

You could also use something like this as an inspiration, I've seen this kind of LoZ T-shirt a lot:

loz_link_costume_shirt_hoodie_by_enlightenup23-d4aos04.png

You know, with the iconic tunic/sword/shield printed on. I think a Skyrim version of something like that would look cool, be easy to make and profitable. You know, like create an iron armor design that can be printed on a regular t-shirt. Something a little bit novelty but also can be worn on a daily basis. Just a suggestion, though it sounds like you're more geared towards crafting costumes and stuff, not t-shirts.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts