Spoiler Skyrim Story Inspirations, Reminders?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

Video games and movies have a terrible relationship. Of course GoT is not a movie, but it seems that any video game adaptation from a movie seem to be mediocre at best (and usually vice-versa). Not to disparage Bethesda, but I imagine their GoT game would be the same. I'm glad they stuck with Skyrim because then they could exercise their own creative freedom rather than be handcuffed to the lore of GoT and ASOIAF, as much as I love the show and the books.
I agree. Video games can't truly capture the essence of a movie or TV show, there will always be certain things that get changed or left out for the sake of game play. It's much better to play a video game set in it's own unique world, and of course that world will contain influences from all kinds of fiction, mythology and history, which is a good thing. That way the game contains all kinds of references for a wider audience to enjoy, instead of being confined to one specific form of literature.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Anyway we all know that the Starks are crap, Stannis is where it is at. :p Sucks they keep screwing him up in the TV series.

I know no king, but the King of the North, whose name is Stark. :cool:

The King who lost the North? Now Stannis has to go handle Wildlings, prepare for White Walkers and deal with the Boltons and Freys.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts