• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well i've been testing out a mod that has been out for a few weeks now called SkyUI. It has a very good design for the inventory system. I will list below what I feel are the pros and cons of it.

Pros:
Great design
Nifty category icon
Search Function
Sort Function
Cleaner listing
Icons for item information

Cons:
Currently it only works for your inventory, not for chests, magic, and buying/selling

Regardless of its cons, it still is a very nice mod if you're tired of dealing with the vanilla sub-menu mess.

Screenshot:
3863-1-1324088115.jpg

You do need SKSE to use this properly. SKSE is a script extender since the mod kit isn't out yet. You can download SKSE from this link.

The installation instructions for both of these are very simple. They're listed on their respective download sites, but I will also list them here:

SKSE:
1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\. If you see files named TESV and SkyrimLauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Launch the game via running skse_loader.exe. (Whenever you want to use any mod that uses SKSE you must launch the game with the SKSE loader.)

================================================================

SkyUI: (NMM = Nexus Mod Manager)
Automatic Download with NMM

• Click the Download with manager button on top of the file.
    • SkyUI will appear in in NMM's Mods list once it's downloaded. Double-click the SkyUI entry to Activate it.
    • In the installer window, select a custom icon theme if you want to, then click Install. If you are prompted to overwrite anything, click Yes to All.
  • Done!
OR

Manual Download with NMM

• Start NMM and click on Mods.
    • In the left icon bar, click on Add Mod From File and select the downloaded archive file.
    • SkyUI will now appear in the list. Double-click to Activate it.
    • In the installer window, select a custom icon theme if you want to, then click Install. If you are prompted to overwrite anything, click Yes to All.
  • Done!
OR

Manual Installation without NMM

• Locate the Data/ folder in your Skyrim installation directory. Typically it's found at Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/Data/.
    • Extract the contents of the downloaded archive file to your Data/ folder. If you are asked to overwrite anything, confirm it.
In case you want to use a custom icon theme:
    • Locate the Data/SkyUI Extras/ folder. In there, pick a theme sub-folder and copy skyui_icons_cat.swf and skyui_icons_inv.swf to Data/Interface.
  • Done!
================================================================

There is another mod you can use in conjunction with this mod if you wish to keep the top-down list view on ALL menus. This mod is the QD Inventory mod. If you wish to use this mod as well, then you need to install it first and then install SkyUI to overwrite any files that may need to be overwritten.

QD Inventory:
667-3-1321715262.jpg

This mod keeps the top-down listing and uses it on all menus. I will also list how to install this mod as well:

QD Inventory:
1. Copy the downloaded zip file into your Data Folder, if you have steam that should be something like: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data"

2. Unzip the archive directly into that file(The interface folder contained in the archive should be in the Data folder)

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Wow, surprising only one person actually likes this. I would have thought more than just two people would like a better interface.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I like it. :)

The latest version now has magic menus, barter menus and container menus.

Check it out:

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Ah nice, been a while since i've had a chance to play Skyrim. That'll be the first thing I get when I get a break from work though.

SaveVsBedWet

I like it. :)

The latest version now has magic menus, barter menus and container menus.

Check it out:

Nice. I've been waiting for that. This interface is much better than the default so I was bummed that it only worked on the inventory and didn't want to have to run that Reorg Chests mod too.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
It's good, fonts too small for me, but it can be tweaked. Mouse cursor was laggy on it though (keyboard navigation works fine, but scrolling is a little slow if you have plenty of items)

My comments are for whatever version was available 2 weeks ago. Was told they would speed up the scrolling.

Stone

Retired Moderator
This thread hasn't been touched for almost two months now, but I've just found this mod. It's great. It's been updated so now the magic AND inventory + more works. It's really easy to use and much more convenient than the original layout.

Download and see the updates here.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The latest version sometimes causes my mouse buttons to malfunction so I'm still using the one that has the "$" sign glitch. I can manage that far better than randomly not being able to attack and defend during combat.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts