Skyrim SE and the evil that is Youtube

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
I Really shouldn't go on Youtube and watch all of MxR's Skyrim Mods weekly, or his new ones.....

And then my poor little PS4 just stares at me, like i'm some kind of lowlife or something, for even considering not getting Skyrim SE next month, all the while my PS3 sitting next to it is saying "Play me! Play me!"

My life is in endless turmoil.

Reactions: Sah

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
We are lowlives. But, then again, we do have PS4s so at least we're not members of the Microsoft Victims Club and have no reason to feel superior as the Master Race does. :)

I'm getting it though, although 10/28 is a Friday and that really doesn't seem like the right date - releases are always on Tuesdays!

Voorth

Yeah, i'll probably give in and get it. Probably just to see the upgraded scenery.

I won't be happy about it though.

lol

Reactions: Sah

Daelon DuLac

One of my biggest reasons for getting it is so that I can easily share screenshots and videos through my PS4 as I did with Fallout 4. It's a hoot! Plus it's nice to go back and revisit not only my gorgeous creations (I'm looking at you Den Moira, my hot Altmer lass), but amazing gameplay (like the time I took on an Albino Deathclaw with only a switchblade!).

Okay, I admit it - I really just want to start using that dern YouTube channel I've had for so long and never use. :)

LuChao

The Martial artist
I'm just glad to be able to restart my journals and my many builds all over again hehe I gave ps3 version I was using for all those characters to my gf once I upgraded to the 4 now I can restart then again

Mwhals

I sold my PS3 and Skyrim game when I saw Skyrim SE was being released for PS4. Now due to no mods, I am considering getting an Xbox One.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I sold my PS3 and Skyrim game when I saw Skyrim SE was being released for PS4. Now due to no mods, I am considering getting an Xbox One.

I agree, without mods, there is no incentive for me drop that kind of money on a new console and game just for prettier scenery.

LuChao

The Martial artist

I agree, without mods, there is no incentive for me drop that kind of money on a new console and game just for prettier scenery.
It works in my end since I have PS4 before release so I can cope with paying full price for what I payed extra for the first time

Mwhals

I already had the PS4 when Skyrim SE was announced.

Daelon DuLac

I, honestly, do not understand the obsession with mods. We've been playing on our consoles for years w/out them. I have a fully modded version of Skyrim on my PC, but I never play it.

I have no use for mods at all and firmly believe. If you want mods, buy a dern PC for goodness sake. Hey, there was one on HSN yesterday that they were actually demonstrating mods on for $699 (and it was a laptop) and they have amazing systems for less than $500.

If you're so obsessed with mods, buy yourself an xBox or a PC for goodness sake. Don't let it stop you from playing a wonderful game.

Voorth

I, honestly, do not understand the obsession with mods. We've been playing on our consoles for years w/out them. I have a fully modded version of Skyrim on my PC, but I never play it.

I have no use for mods at all and firmly believe. If you want mods, buy a dern PC for goodness sake. Hey, there was one on HSN yesterday that they were actually demonstrating mods on for $699 (and it was a laptop) and they have amazing systems for less than $500.

If you're so obsessed with mods, buy yourself an xBox or a PC for goodness sake. Don't let it stop you from playing a wonderful game.

I wouldn't say i'm obsessed (can't speak for the others). But i already have a PS4 and use it for much much more than just gaming - Netflix, NHL, Music, etc... The mods i crave are the ones where you can add in followers, have different armor, be able to build a shack out in the woods.

I've finished Skyrim with two characters, and the though of shelling out $60 for a prettier version is a tossup for me. With mods, it seems you can have a "fresh" aspect to the game.

JMHO

Daelon DuLac

I wouldn't say i'm obsessed (can't speak for the others). But i already have a PS4 and use it for much much more than just gaming - Netflix, NHL, Music, etc... The mods i crave are the ones where you can add in followers, have different armor, be able to build a shack out in the woods.

I've finished Skyrim with two characters, and the though of shelling out $60 for a prettier version is a tossup for me. With mods, it seems you can have a "fresh" aspect to the game.

JMHO
Makes sense.

As I said earlier, my main reasons are: 1) I want to post video and screenshots; 2) I happen to like the PS4 controller better (and the system gets better reception and output); and 3) I'm a whore for anything new (I'll even buy the blue ray of a dvd I already have or the GOTY/Special edition of a game despite already owning it and having all the DLCs).

Voorth

Makes sense.

As I said earlier, my main reasons are: 1) I want to post video and screenshots; 2) I happen to like the PS4 controller better (and the system gets better reception and output); and 3) I'm a whore for anything new (I'll even buy the blue ray of a dvd I already have or the GOTY/Special edition of a game despite already owning it and having all the DLCs).

Yeah, the PS4 controller rocks, especially with the headphone jack built in.

We have two tv's, side by side, one with the PS3 hooked up and one with the PS4. The GOTY versions of Oblivion, Skyrim, FO New Vegas, FO3 and Red Dead Redemption have prominent spots next to the PS3 lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts