Skyrim Reveal: Facts

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
With the release of Skyrim getting closer and closer, more details are being revealed about Skyrim with much more remaining a mystery to boost hype. This post will explain most of the important things that have been revealed.
Read more about this at our blog post here.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Huh, that’s interesting. And here I thought that I already knew all that has been said so far. How have I not seen this yet even though it’s a month old? Thanks for sharing, Renegader.

I wonder in particular what exactly those “hidden effects” they mentioned might be. Merely a stacked stats effect à la “Freezes the enemy for 3 seconds”, “30% chance of causing bleeding”, “Increases your strength by 4” and the like or something as unique as the effect of the “Sanguine Rose” in Oblivion.

Jeruhmi

Huh, that’s interesting. And here I thought that I already knew all that has been said so far. How have I not seen this yet even though it’s a month old? Thanks for sharing, Renegader.

I wonder in particular what exactly those “hidden effects” they mentioned might be. Merely a stacked stats effect à la “Freezes the enemy for 3 seconds”, “30% chance of causing bleeding”, “Increases your strength by 4” and the like or something as unique as the effect of the “Sanguine Rose” in Oblivion.
Well it says unique weapons with hidden effects. So, hmm... I guess it could be like deeper cuts with a steel longsword resulting in more gore (for example).

Tusck

I certainly hope so. As a thief character, I'm hoping for some paralyzing effects or slow effects. Anything that will keep people away from me. I'm also hoping that for some extra chameleon for my stealthy habits.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Oh, yes, chameleon. Have they already commented on whether there will be 100% invisibility by stacking enchanted chameleon clothes?

Tusck

Another is pickpocketing. At the highest level of pickpocketing, you can pickpocket the stuff people are wearing

Ok this is awesome. I will be the underwear bandit, stealing all underwear right under peoples.... well you get the picture.

Also, I like the blacksmithing, woodcutting, etc. but I really want a fishing profession. Hopefully that will be the first official mod released!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Wait, what? You can pickpocket people’s clothes? That’s just stupid. How are you going to steal someone’s pants without them noticing?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Wait, what? You can pickpocket people’s clothes? That’s just stupid. How are you going to steal someone’s pants without them noticing?
It's one of the higher level perk. Yeah, it's silly so I just assume it's something like equipped weapon, jewelry or maybe even hats. I'm guessing stripping heavy armor would be nearly impossible to 'pickpocket'

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Let’s hope that this is what they mean. Hats and jewelry (especially the latter) would make sense but something like stealing someone’s boots while they are walking would be crazy xD

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Let’s hope that this is what they mean. Hats and jewelry (especially the latter) would make sense but something like stealing someone’s boots while they are walking would be crazy xD
If I become a master pickpocketer, I would strip every Imperial Guard's armor in the city. When my rebels come to take over the city... XD

Tusck

Yeah I don;t know, I just made the whole "steal their underwear" up. I'm sure that Hex is correct about the items that you can actually steal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts