Skyrim Remastered Mod confusion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Drazo-Blood

Okay, I'm sorry If I've posted this on the wrong Forum/thread I'm new to the site lol, But I was wondering since Thomas the dragon won't be on the Remastered version due to copyright, does that mean other themed mods won't be either? since 2012 I have been thinking of getting Skyrim on the PC but I never really knew what to use for it (setup wise) so I have been on the xbox 360 version since the release of the game and I am also a Huge fan of Game Of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, and things like it. So I was wondering If These mods will or will not be released on the console version. Since like I previously said Thomas will not be available due to copyright, So It got me thinking that GoT and LOTR won't be due to the same thing. I really hope they are though, I know there will be a ton of other mods that will get me excited and horny but I'm not sure if the mods I want will be there.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
I haven't heard anything official, myself, but I think themed mods like that would be included depending on whether or not Bethesda can get (or is interested in getting) licenses through the companies holding copyright, or if the mods are generic enough to be "inspired by" the properties, instead of "infringing on copyright".

If you're interested in getting set up on PC, though, I would recommend starting with the SKSE and SkyUI, as the two of them together make it possible to run just about any mod available on Steam or the Nexus.

After that, it would be a question of what you want to accomplish with mods. Do you just want an enhanced visual experience? Skyrim Vanilla: The Best Version Possible? Better AI? More quests? More immersion? More armor and weapon options?

If you ever decide to get started on PC, we have a thriving modded Skyrim community full of members who can help you find what you want, and keep it running smoothly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts