Skyrim PS3/PC Save Converter - Mod your save (Works for OFW)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DEREKTROTTER

Not sure if theres any console gamers on here but this could be useful :)

This is a tool/method which will allow you to decrypt you PS3 gamesave and re-encrypt back after modding. The decrypted save can simply be loaded up the the PC version of the game, or you can edit bits of your save by simply hex editing.

WORKS ON OFW + CFW
WORKS FOR ALL REGIONS

By decrypting your save file this allows you to:
  • Select a different race or gender
  • Fix broken quests
  • Fix broken dialog
  • Cleanup your quest log from logs that will not remove
  • Add any items
  • Remove unremovable quest items
  • Increase your carry weight
  • Increase your damage dealth (insta-kill)
  • Increase your run speed
  • Increase health/stamina/magicka
  • Cleanup Ash piles/dead dragons/dead people that will not auto cleanup
  • Resurrect dead NPCs
  • Increase followers skills and health/stamina/magicka
  • Add perks
  • Add all spells
  • Add all shouts
  • Add dragon souls
  • Add money
  • Create semi custom vanilla weapons (only if they exist in the vanilla game, not in ESP/ESM files
    and more
Requirements:
PS3 (Can be CFW or OFW)
USB Stick (To copy the save of course)
HxD Hex Editor
Skyrim PS3 Version (obviously)
Skyrim PC Version (To modify the decrypted save - optional)
Skyrim PS3 Toolkit GUI - Attached Download

Noob-Friendly Tutorial:

Step One - Preparation
First you need to copy your gamesave to a FAT32 formatted USB Stick/Harddrive. It should save to the location: PS3 > SAVEDATA.

Now download the Skyrim PS3 Toolkit and extract the contents anywhere on your pc. Then take your PS3 gamesave from USB and place in this folder. Should look similar to this:

lKy2o.png

(optional): make a backup of your save file before continuing to Step Three

Step Two - Decryption
Now run the Skyrim PS3 Toolkit GUI.exe and drag in your save folder into the left box (decryption). Text should appear to confirm the gamesave has been decrypted.

al4ZQ.jpg

Go into your save folder and open the file "SYS-DATA" in an hex editor. If the decryption is successful you should see your character name / time played / locations and Race at the top of the file as seen below:

X1Unj.png

NOTE: You can replace your decrypted save with ANY pc gamesave if you wish to replace your save with something different. If you do this, simply rename the PC save to SYS-DATA and replace yours. Then you can skip step 3 and on to step 4.

Step Three - Modding
Ok, so now you have a decrypted PS3 save which can be simply loaded up on PC by adding the file extension - .ess

tMZSc.jpg

Once loaded up you can easily mod using console commands. Check the link below for endless possibilities.

Gamefront - Skyrim Console Commands

After you have finished modded your save on pc, save it and retrieve the .ess gamesave. Normally at the location:
C:\Users\"your username"\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves

Step Four - Encryption
You can now rename you .ess gamesave back to SYS-DATA and overwrite your original decrypted save in your gamesave folder. This is now ready to be encrypted back to PS3.

IChFs.jpg

Thats it!!!
You can now simply copy your gamesave back to PS3 and load it up.

Enjoy

Download Links
Download: http://rghost.net/45526330
Source: http://pwnedgamers.com/resources/skyrim-ps3-pc-save-converter-mod-your-save-works-for-ofw.45/

Credits:
DEREKTROTTER: Tutorial / Coding
Flatz: PFDTool
xSonoro: Coding

jlikes08

This would be awesome for Xbox. I want to go to PC but I have so much time in my character already I can't just leave him :sadface:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Juanchitoman

Hey guys!
First off, great, GREAT, tool you have developed. Really, congrats!

So, I have my skyrim save which I havent played for a long time. Soon Ill have the opportunity to travel with my PC, which runs Skyrim perfectly and I would like to finish while on the trip. However, I've stuck to the ps3 version due to the trophies.

My question is: will the progress done on PC, which eventually would have allowed me to achieve some trophies in the PS3, when 're put' on the ps3 will recognize the new progress and thereby award me with the deserved trophies?

I really hope so!

Many thanks,
Juan

DEREKTROTTER

Hey guys!
First off, great, GREAT, tool you have developed. Really, congrats!

So, I have my skyrim save which I havent played for a long time. Soon Ill have the opportunity to travel with my PC, which runs Skyrim perfectly and I would like to finish while on the trip. However, I've stuck to the ps3 version due to the trophies.

My question is: will the progress done on PC, which eventually would have allowed me to achieve some trophies in the PS3, when 're put' on the ps3 will recognize the new progress and thereby award me with the deserved trophies?

I really hope so!

Many thanks,
Juan

hi,
you would have to re trigger the trophy events on PS3.

i,e - 50 skill books (find another book)

so some trophies such as quest related ones wont be obtainable again.

hanibalhun

Not sure if theres any console gamers on here but this could be useful :)

This is a tool/method which will allow you to decrypt you PS3 gamesave and re-encrypt back after modding. The decrypted save can simply be loaded up the the PC version of the game, or you can edit bits of your save by simply hex editing.

WORKS ON OFW + CFW
WORKS FOR ALL REGIONS

By decrypting your save file this allows you to:
  • Select a different race or gender
  • Fix broken quests
  • Fix broken dialog
  • Cleanup your quest log from logs that will not remove
  • Add any items
  • Remove unremovable quest items
  • Increase your carry weight
  • Increase your damage dealth (insta-kill)
  • Increase your run speed
  • Increase health/stamina/magicka
  • Cleanup Ash piles/dead dragons/dead people that will not auto cleanup
  • Resurrect dead NPCs
  • Increase followers skills and health/stamina/magicka
  • Add perks
  • Add all spells
  • Add all shouts
  • Add dragon souls
  • Add money
  • Create semi custom vanilla weapons (only if they exist in the vanilla game, not in ESP/ESM files
    and more
Requirements:
PS3 (Can be CFW or OFW)
USB Stick (To copy the save of course)
HxD Hex Editor
Skyrim PS3 Version (obviously)
Skyrim PC Version (To modify the decrypted save - optional)
Skyrim PS3 Toolkit GUI - Attached Download

Noob-Friendly Tutorial:

Step One - Preparation
First you need to copy your gamesave to a FAT32 formatted USB Stick/Harddrive. It should save to the location: PS3 > SAVEDATA.

Now download the Skyrim PS3 Toolkit and extract the contents anywhere on your pc. Then take your PS3 gamesave from USB and place in this folder. Should look similar to this:

lKy2o.png

(optional): make a backup of your save file before continuing to Step Three

Step Two - Decryption
Now run the Skyrim PS3 Toolkit GUI.exe and drag in your save folder into the left box (decryption). Text should appear to confirm the gamesave has been decrypted.

al4ZQ.jpg

Go into your save folder and open the file "SYS-DATA" in an hex editor. If the decryption is successful you should see your character name / time played / locations and Race at the top of the file as seen below:

X1Unj.png

NOTE: You can replace your decrypted save with ANY pc gamesave if you wish to replace your save with something different. If you do this, simply rename the PC save to SYS-DATA and replace yours. Then you can skip step 3 and on to step 4.

Step Three - Modding
Ok, so now you have a decrypted PS3 save which can be simply loaded up on PC by adding the file extension - .ess

tMZSc.jpg

Once loaded up you can easily mod using console commands. Check the link below for endless possibilities.

Gamefront - Skyrim Console Commands

After you have finished modded your save on pc, save it and retrieve the .ess gamesave. Normally at the location:
C:\Users\"your username"\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves

Step Four - Encryption
You can now rename you .ess gamesave back to SYS-DATA and overwrite your original decrypted save in your gamesave folder. This is now ready to be encrypted back to PS3.

IChFs.jpg

Thats it!!!
You can now simply copy your gamesave back to PS3 and load it up.

Enjoy

Download Links
Download: http://rghost.net/45526330
Source: http://pwnedgamers.com/resources/skyrim-ps3-pc-save-converter-mod-your-save-works-for-ofw.45/

Credits:
DEREKTROTTER: Tutorial / Coding
Flatz: PFDTool
xSonoro: Coding
love it but i have problem converting back to ps3 file system

hanibalhun

love it works a dream on fallout3 but evertime try to use on skyrim and fallout new vegas the file will not rename to file save system for ps3

This would be awesome for Xbox. I want to go to PC but I have so much time in my character already I can't just leave him :sadface:

Download Horizon. Get a USB drive, format it with your Xbox. Save your character's data onto said USB drive. Plug it into your computer. Bring up Horizon. It will show "Device Explorer" choose games and Skyrim and you'll see your save, open it up, go to "Contents" and you'll see a "savegame.dat" just extract that to wherever your PC saves are and it'll work perfectly. You can also convert back by replacing the savegame.dat with another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean

lost somewhere

Just follow the tutorial in my signature, and it also has pictures.

mikfrak

I downloaded the Skyrim toolkit so I could transfer my Skyrim save from PS3 to to PC version so I could try out some mods and fix some broken quests. Buying the Dawnguard add-on for PS3 was almost as expensive as buying PC version of Skyrim Legendary edition so it seemed like a good idea. Everything seemed to work fine with the conversion, but when I try to load the saved game into the PC Skyrim I get an error message saying the save is for an old version (version 0) and the version of the PC game is version 9 so it won't load it. Is there any way round this or any kind of fix? I have rerun skyrim on PS3 and saved the game again to make sure it is the latest version on PS3 but it made no difference when I converted it and tried to load it again on PC Skyrim. I am level 66 and have many hours of play so I am not keen on having to start again from scratch on PC. If I buy an older version of Skyrim second hand so it will accept the save how can I be sure I get one that will work? Version 0 seems very out of date compared with version 9.

TheDemonKnight

I have the same problem as mikfrak.

I originally played vanilla Skyrim on PS3. I eventually bought and installed all three expansions. My PS3 game is currently on version 1.09.

I just built a new PC, and wanted to port my PS3 Skyrim save file over to my PC to continue my current save (level 96, over 475 hours played). Starting over for me is really not an option.

I used this program to decrypt my PS3 save file, and edited the file extension. When I try to load the file on my PC, I get the error that the save game is from an outdated version (0), and can't be loaded with the current version (9). The only real difference is that the PC version is the Legendary Edition, where the PS3 game was the original retail Skyrim, with DLCs later purchased and added. Would that cause this problem? Both should still be version 1.09, right?

If that is not the issue, will someone please take my converted PS3-to-PC save file and somehow get it to work with the Legendary Edition on PC?

ClaymasterJ

First off, I would like to say that this tool is awesome. Now, has anyone figured out where the perk points are located? Or where all the perks are stored? I've been searching through using a save with a perk point and one without (I saved right before the level up and right after) and I have not had any luck. I am using a hex editor by the way.

Latest posts