Skyrim (pc) walking slowly

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Danimal

I play on the pc, and I have recently come across yet another problem on top of all the broken quest glitches. I now can no longer walk or run normally, its a walk as if the character is over burdened. Now just to clarify so that people don't waste time trying to help with obvious answers. No I am not overburdened. No i am not being attacked. Yes i have tried unsheathing and sheathing / crouch and uncrouching. I did manage a few times to trade items with my lacky which fixed it for a few moments but then i go through a door or talk to someone and then its right back to slowpoke. The only other option i have been given as with all glitches (as they would rather recommend instead of fixing the problems) is to revert to a previous save or restart the game. I am too far to bother redoing this all over again and if i cant fix it i will just have to sell the game and move on to another, which i do not want to do as i have enjoyed it for the most part. Any ideas? Is there a way to go into the Programming part in the game and fix it or has anyone else had this problem?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
If you do a player.showinventory it should list everything you have. What I would do is put all your gear in a chest in a house you own, then use this command. There is another thread here where someone pointed out they had invisible objects in their inventory. I wonder if you're having the same difficulty. You can then use player.removeitem to get rid of anything using the id. Be careful you aren't removing quest stuff that will mess you up even more.

That's the only thing I can think of right now. Do you travel at the proper speed on a horse?

mellojoe

press ALT? (left Alt key, for me)

That's the toggle for walk/run on PC. I know, it is a stupid question to ask as you probably already figured it out, but it was worth a shot.

Necromis

Ok, two things, do you have any equipment that augments your carrying capacity and is it possible your caps lock key is on. I only ask this because I had accidentally held down my shift key part way through a loading screen so when it finished loading I was walking instead of running. If the equipment is augmenting your carry then unequip and reequiping should have it register again. Ran into that one with my sneak gear that augmented carrying on one of the loads, too.

Latest posts