• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harman

Hi, I just brought Skyrim yesterday and started to play it today but was alot of lag.
I went to youtube and found some videos and i did that gamepad=0 thing and changed the resolution but it still lags, the game feels like those poorly done animation videos on youtube and the lag makes the game pretty much unplayable since I can't even swing my sword, the speaking is also off (the speach comes first and when it's done peoples mouths are still moving) and when that guy trys to escape and is ment to be shot by a arow the arow didn't come and he did escape...

I was wondering if theres some way to fix this without downloading anything, My computer used to be able to run LEGO universe, Runesacpe and Spore with Spore GA and Cute&Creepy perfictly, Minecraft lags but not as bad as this and becomes okay by changing the render distance so I really don't know whats wrong.

I also restarted to clear up some RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Josh^

Well.. what's your computers specs? Runescape is not really comparable as it is FAR less demanding than Skyrim.

Harman

I'm not to good with this stuff but:

Processor pentium(R) Dual core CPU T4300 @ 2.10 Hz 2.10 Hz
Installed memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system

I've also got
Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express Chipset family

Is this enough info?

Josh^

I honestly don't think you'll be able to play at a comfortable rate. That processor isn't really strong. You might want to try lowest settings, and that's probably all you'll be able to play, if that.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If all you have is integrated graphics (that's what the Mobile Intel chipset is) you're going to get lots of lag, and choppy unstable frame rates. As Josh noted, the CPU isn't going to help matters.

It sounds like you are playing on a regular low end laptop so you could also end up damaging your laptop from all the heat that your hardware will generate from being overtaxed from running an application it was never meant to run.

ah3nos

I agree that you will probably never get rid of the lag, but maybe this will help. First go to options and set the game on medium settings and check the windowed mode. Select the resolution you want. The lower resolution you go the better it is. I tried mine in 800x450 as that was the lowest available. It was a little small on the screen, but my fps went from 15 in high setting to 27 outdoors. However, it was a little harder to see things. Next I changed my screen resolution down as well. I went down to my lowest landscape setting. Fired the game up in windowed mode and it filled more of my screen. It still ran at 27-30 fps outside and I still had the high graphics setting inside the window. Just a thought and maybe it will help you reduce some lag.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Josh^

I agree that you will probably never get rid of the lag, but maybe this will help. First go to options and set the game on medium settings and check the windowed mode. Select the resolution you want. The lower resolution you go the better it is. I tried mine in 800x450 as that was the lowest available. It was a little small on the screen, but my fps went from 15 in high setting to 27 outdoors. However, it was a little harder to see things. Next I changed my screen resolution down as well. I went down to my lowest landscape setting. Fired the game up in windowed mode and it filled more of my screen. It still ran at 27-30 fps outside and I still had the high graphics setting inside the window. Just a thought and maybe it will help you reduce some lag.

I highly doubt his computer will help, his comp just isn't suit to run Skyrim.

Harman

I tried that but it didn't working...

anyways, thanks for the help everyone, I was gonna play skyrim over the summer holidays but I'll have to think of something else now...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts