PC Skyrim Patch 1.7 Released on Steam and submitted to consoles this week

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Skyrim 1.7 available to all Steam users | Bethesda Blog

There's the facts. We may hear more about Dawnguard now that this is out of the way or we may not. But I believe I seen a Tweet promising information later this week about Dawnguard. Just a "later this week we will try to have information", kind of thing. Don't get your hopes up guys until we have more information.

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
Damn ps3 users get shafted again waitin another week or so for not only dawnguard but for the update as well! Bethesda-Microsoft? Mad love, bethesda-ps3? No love

Squirrel_killer-

Damn ps3 users get shafted again waitin another week or so for not only dawnguard but for the update as well! Bethesda-Microsoft? Mad love, bethesda-ps3? No love
I predict Dawnguard to be 2-3 weeks away if there are no extra delays. It takes about a week for Sony to approve a patch and about another week for a DLC. However there is a small microscopic chance Bethesda would have the forethought to hand in both the DLC and the needed patch for approval together leading to a very close release of them both.

Squirrel_killer-

I'm on PS3 myself. So I feel your pain. I've decided to go shout and dragon hunting to pass the time. I need exactly 9 dragon souls to get all of the Dawnguard shouts. I have 2. I also just finished getting all the vanilla shouts. So time to kill grandpa Paarthurnax once the Blades have that handful of glitches related to them fixed.

thatwudbryan

Is that glitch still around I killed paarthunax last week after a 1st failed attempt where he wouldn't die but 2nd time around was gravy(he died) Went to sky haven after that and was greeted by Delphine swinging her toothpick at me left sky haven went back n all was good n that was on my 18mb lag file so I'm sure it'll work on yours. My bad for the lengthy story bored at work lol

Sentinala

Premium Member
Guys guys guys!! Do not worry...
This is all a marketing tactic, to build hype...
All those articles u see on google like "what if it doesn't come to pc and ps3"

All part of this tactic...even the tweet where the dev said "we don't have plans for other platforms for dawnguard" or w,e

Rest assured, the goal is to make money, it will come to ps3 and pc.

And btw, part of the tactic of business, is to make u think Microsoft and Sony are "against" each other.

Rest easy friends

Squirrel_killer-

Guys guys guys!! Do not worry...
This is all a marketing tactic, to build hype...
All those articles u see on google like "what if it doesn't come to pc and ps3"

All part of this tactic...even the tweet where the dev said "we don't have plans for other platforms for dawnguard" or w,e

Rest assured, the goal is to make money, it will come to ps3 and pc.

And btw, part of the tactic of business, is to make u think Microsoft and Sony are "against" each other.

Rest easy friends
Sony and Microsoft have always had a love hate relationship. Sony builds PCs Microsoft puts an OS in them, Sony wants to sell the PCs for less, Microsoft wouldn't let them due to OS cost being included in PC pricing. Even with consoles they are trying to find a middle ground with each other. In the next generation of consoles the plan is to have them try and be compatible for online gaming servers and be able to instantly transfer game saves from one to the other. Even developers are on board with some of these things here and now. Both want to dominate, but both need the other for maximum profits. In a few generations of hardware we will probably have some plopsty named X-Station or something to the effect. But lets not worry about this mess now as this is all rumor. and lets just get all hyped up for Dawnguard, because until I get a definite yes or no I'll assume it will happen eventually.

thatwudbryan

I still don't see how delaying it would boost sales though chances are if youve had the game for long enough you'd buy it regardless. Hinting at when they say they'll Announce it does nothing to help get more buyers if anything I'd think it'd do the opposite.

Squirrel_killer-

I still don't see how delaying it would boost sales though chances are if youve had the game for long enough you'd buy it regardless. Hinting at when they say they'll Announce it does nothing to help get more buyers if anything I'd think it'd do the opposite.
The hype tactics he suggested only works when you have a release date planned before the exclusive had started. If they had said release is 1 week after the exclusive ended or said on last day of the exclusive that they had a release date it would work. At this point they are actually loosing more people due to the extend delay then they are drawing in. I think they know this so they are likely to try to push out the facts and the DLC as fast as they can. I don't think they ever planned on all of this personally, just that it sort of happened. I'm more afraid of this become a Bethesda trend in all their games.

thatwudbryan

Good thing my lil bro gave me his assassin's creed 2 cuz from the sounds of it dawnguard/update is still a work in progress for the ps3. Oh well

Squirrel_killer-

Good thing my lil bro gave me his assassin's creed 2 cuz from the sounds of it dawnguard/update is still a work in progress for the ps3. Oh well
BTW PM me your PSN or send me an invite, my name on here is exact same as my psn.

thatwudbryan

Not sure exactly how to do that but I'll figure it out, name here is also my psn. You play madden by any chance???o_O

Squirrel_killer-

Not sure exactly how to do that but I'll figure it out, name here is also my psn. You play madden by any chance???o_O
not big on the sports games. I hit burn out on them to fast to invest in them. I gave up on CoD because it just got to be boring. Right now my big game to play is Borderlands.

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

Here is another thing to consider if you know anything about Bethesda. 360 is their ginipig. There test subject. I say this not to bash 360, but it's their tactic. Reason why is if you ever noticed. When Dawngaurd cameout everyone complained about bugs. 360 first. When the DLC Came to New Vegas, full of bugs. Thus delayed for other systems. Marketing tactic? Sort of. They fix it up upon feed back Before they place it on other systems. They simply do it not to add hype, but to fix what the fans are going to pay for, so when they realease something new, people won't fear it being game hindering. It was simply like a beta to finished product if that makes any sence.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts