SKYRIM PATCH 1.6 IS NOW LIVE FOR XBOX 360

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gonzocyn

Orc Warrior-Dragon Slayer
Good news Xbox 360 gamers, if you have been looking forward to the Skyrim 1.6 patch, you’re in luck as the patch has gone live. It seems to available only for the Xbox 360 at the moment but we expect it to roll out for the PlayStation 3 and the PC in due time. The patch will be bringing a new feature in the form of mounted combat along with a plethora of bug fixes and what not, so if you have yet to update Skyrim on your Xbox 360, fire the game up and you should receiving the notification informing you of the update. Check out the list of bug fixes after the break (taken from the Steam version).
Bug fixes
  • General stability and memory optimizations.
  • General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes.
  • Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks.
  • Fixed rare crash with lighting.
  • Fixed crashes related to loading and
    saving
    games.
  • Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs.
  • Fixed rare issue where
    saves
    would be corrupted.
  • Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played.
  • Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon.
  • Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly.
  • Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up.
  • Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly.
  • Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly.
  • In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory.
  • Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime.
  • Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly.
  • Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly.
  • Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater.
  • Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
  • Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
  • Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).

AcE Benson

The update appears to increase likelihood of a game crash. Several of my friends on Xbox live who are partying with me all have had crashes.

Gonzocyn

Yeah... They were all using mounted combat at the time, so it might be something to do with using that.
Shoot! It sounds like they are going to have to patch up the new patch! This is disapointing. Does the mounted combat work ok? Someone posted that it really sucks? What do you think?

AcE Benson

Shoot! It sounds like they are going to have to patch up the new patch! This is disapointing. Does the mounted combat work ok? Someone posted that it really sucks? What do you think?

Personally, I like it. It's new, and it adds an aspect of realism to the game. It also allows for better Role-Play, in my opinion. I sometimes make characters and give them lives within Skyrim, just general people. I made a Hunter not long ago, and I get Breezebane and go out every few days to kill stuff. I think that it helps me catch Deer and Elk and other things that flee faster than I can shoot off a second arrow.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I just tried it out for a quick moment and it worked very well. Very fluid. Once I finish this quest, I'm heading to the plains outside of Whiterun and doing some hunting while on horseback.

Gonzocyn

I just tried it out for a quick moment and it worked very well. Very fluid. Once I finish this quest, I'm heading to the plains outside of Whiterun and doing some hunting while on horseback.
Sweet! I can't wait till I get off work tonight! Some other people are saying that it has caused their console to crash but you didn't have any problems?

Jersey Dagmar

It is kinda wonky with anything but the bow. The enemy sometimes isn't in your camera angle and you have to guess whether to swing right or left, and which direction to move your horse. Might require some camera angle adjustments and just practice. I love how it works with the bow though and so far no problems as far as freezing.

Gonzocyn

It is kinda wonky with anything but the bow. The enemy sometimes isn't in your camera angle and you have to guess whether to swing right or left, and which direction to move your horse. Might require some camera angle adjustments and just practice. I love how it works with the bow though and so far no problems as far as freezing.
Sweet! Thanks Jersey! I appreciate the update. I was getting worried about what some of the other people were saying about it not working very well. They're probably just not be patient enough to figure everything out. Did you sign up for the beta test for Dawnguard? I'm hoping a get chosen for that. I really don't want to wait until the 26th if I don't have to lol! Thanks Jersy!

Jersey Dagmar

Sweet! Thanks Jersey! I appreciate the update. I was getting worried about what some of the other people were saying about it not working very well. They're probably just not be patient enough to figure everything out. Did you sign up for the beta test for Dawnguard? I'm hoping a get chosen for that. I really don't want to wait until the 26th if I don't have to lol! Thanks Jersy!

I hope I get the beta, I don't have the money right now to afford Dawnguard and getting it early and for free would really make my month.

Gonzocyn

I hope I get the beta, I don't have the money right now to afford Dawnguard and getting it early and for free would really make my month.
I hear you there Jersey! I'm hoping for the same thing. I can't wait till I get off work, today is really dragging by so slowly!

Verac

I've already had it for like 3 hours, btw mounted combat SUCKS
How does it suck? i mean what were you expecting? horse mounted rocket pods and bunghole lasers? the combat seems pretty solid to me only problem for me is sometimes it freezes for a second right before i hit the enemy

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts