1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Skyrim (original) how do I switch monitors?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by TheWickedGamer, Jun 16, 2017.

1. TheWickedGamer

TheWickedGamer New Member

Simple question, is there an easy fix? I played this game when it first came out on Windows 7, and I think all I had to do was change a value in the .ini file from 0 to 1... maybe through a mod.

Now I have Windows 10, and I have been searching for an answer for a long time, almost a day... Does anyone know how to do this?

I would prefer NOT to have to change my main monitor, and I would also prefer to do this in Windowed Mode (full screen without a border), so I can use my other monitor while I am playing without having to alt-tab...

EDIT:
    I have tried all of the .ini files, changing the iAdapter= to -1, 0, and 1 to no avail... I have a dual monitor setup, but nothing I try seems to work...

2nd EDIT:
    I went ahead and switched my primary monitor, then I realized in order for the game to display properly, I had to change the resolution (my 2nd monitor is my TV). I don't know if this was preventing it from going to my 2nd monitor or not when I changed the .ini files... I haven't tested it again yet... But if anyone know of a solution, please post it.

#1 TheWickedGamer, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017