Skyrim Online... :O!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

secretsquirrely

Meh if they offered this as a normal feature in the game I'd be up for it. Then again, I own a ps3 copy, so I doubt I'd even be able to participate in this if it is a mod.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Honestly, if it's completely optional and it works right, I'm all for this. I'm hopeful they release something for consoles, since everyone I know off this site is playing Skyrim on 360 or PS3, including myself.

This, plus console commands, really makes me want to get a new laptop. This one wouldn't even be able to launch Skyrim. @_@

Seethe

There's only one reason to make it online... Pickpocket guild that uses their guile to depants other players!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It looks buggy as hell. Even if they make it workable, I think I'll pass on playing in multiplayer game where players are running around one shotting everything with their Daedric Bows of Legendary Exploiting. :rolleyes:

Al'Amar

The Wood Elf
You know what rules! There can be only ONE~! Highlander..... no I mean dragonborn.
Like Finalchrono quoted, I Feel as if the game were to be multiplayer it would be ruined.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
Does this mean any number of players can be on at once? Won't there be some serious lag?

Charlemagne

I'm expecting this means we'll have legitimate, at-launch multiplayer in the Elder Scrolls VI?

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
I like that I could watch the video(I couldn't "private")...

Dravda

scout and destroy
I'd like this if it was arena style drop two people in a zone and the one who's left standing gets a ! in the win column. Doesn't matter who exploits what if both players have to find each other first. Alot of one hit kills tho yes.. lol early bird and all.. but then I play on pc

Reactions: ted

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
i see both sides of the isles, and i like both sides and agree. co-op would be super uber, but again, this game is meant to be a single player not a co-op. Bethesda is a massive company, if the players wanted a co-op option bethesda would ocnsider it and even possibly release a beta for the skyrimites to test and rate. i personally think it would be freaking awesome if a tank could blast/hack his way into the middle of a fight and an assassin pick people off of the sides. or distract while the other recoupes and rejoins and vice-versa.
Instead of split screen how about 2-different consoles just hooked up, i forget what thats called, but i think it would be awesome. i think the online idea would be a bust, cuz of the same reason of M.A.G. just to many people on a server, one with a bad connection could ruin it for the rest; also just to much data on a server, kinda like the WoW server style, it owuld have to be broken up so many times and a cap of people per server and individual "load" areas or just a distance cap (like in runescape, once you reach a certain distance the world has to refresh, reloading your map around you, "forgetting" a part of the map that no longer affects you, but is still active, just not on your computer.) but this would ruin the beauty of SKyrim, standing in the marshes and looking across the marsh on a clear day to see a dragon scouring a mountain top across the map.
one possible idea would be dungeons or quests that could be available in a que that characters of any type could gather to attempt, of course it would adjusted by the lvl's and size of the party, and some set dungeons/quests for standard difficulty. And even customizable dungeons (not sure about quests though, but im sure it workable) with a list of things to change and like daggerfell(or was it arena) the dungeon charcteristics itself is random, just not the content.
This is an idea from Oblivion, There could be an area; pvp or co-op(fighting along-side a player against incredibly difficult monsters with limited gear, the more limited the gear, the higher the reward, be it rank and/or gold. Another setting in the Arena would be PvP + monsters, so that each player has to decide which is the harder foe (ie, if the monster is harder than the person, then they would attack the monster then as soon as the monster is slain make a turn on the player, and vice-versa).Survival mode(non-stop waves).
There could also be other online activities as well as fighting, one would be horse racing, with bets of in-game gold. Even though this is contradictory of dragon lore, there could be dragon-riding battles, both where the dragon controls itself and the player arches/mages(melee would be impossible untill they crash land(which could launch you and even kill you)) or for more advance controls, te player controls the dragon and attacks the other player.
Another idea would be deer/elk hunts, (I don't think this would be very exciting for all, but and option all together) with each deer/elk having a different body mass/rack size and shape. And you have to track it and hunt it, all the dangers included, sabers, wolves, maybe a draogn, depending on the players chosen diffculty. The group would be on the same map, same server, hunting the same animal. the best part would be that all the dangerous animals could kill your target before you.
Ha, this got me excited, hahahhahaha

Just saying

Ferdy1337

I actually had a conversation with my friend while playing skyrim about this subject. We agreed that if one of the players were simply able to control the hireling / companion that follows you arround that would still be super awesome. Even if there were only one person with a tallent tree, skillpoints, shouts ect that guy could still make nice gear for the player controling the companion just like I've recently made a completely rediculously good gearset for lydia with blacksmithing and enchanting. Ofc it would be more fun if there was 2 tallent trees but Im trying to think realistic. I seriously doubt they will ever make an online co-op with 2 or more players being able to team up and clear the story together. Without knowing too much about it I can immagine setting up an online game from scratch is pretty expensive due to costs of having servers + development ect ect.. But I'm still hoping for it <3. (I play on the PS3 btw so Im begging for DLC). The idea that some1 above me had with 2 consoles hooked up for lan play would most def be a nice solution but think about it: How many times do people actually have that option? Unless you live together you have to bring 2 TV's and 2 PS3s for this event. And if we know how rarely that happens so does bethesda and based on that, I doubt they will make this possible. Even tho I've been crossing my fingers for it since the game release ;)

Tarlach

Obviously, I'm on XBOX, so I doubt we'll be getting multiplayer.

This may sound ludicrous, but maybe Bethesda could borrow some of the multiplayer elements from Fable 3, and perfect them. Just a thought.

I used to play AION, they have an awesome setup when it comes to coop and online play.

iamFaded

multiplayer would be amazing ! they say they dont want to sacrifice anything in single player. but i dont see why they dont just make single player and multiplayer a totally separate thing. like, theres single player, where your the only dragon born.. then there multiplayer, where you say fluff the story and being dragonborns (dont get me wrong i love the story line, lots.) and lets all live in skyrim together, and kill dragons.. and eachother possibly, and loot the dead bodys ! or go on hunts and what clear caves partnered up.

Snowman

I want multilayer for the xbox so my friends and I can just go on rampages through the holds killing everyone. But how would it work? Three people will have to talk to the same person, or find the same item. At the beginning of the game it would be weird because you would all be on the same questline but once you get to later in the game, were everyone does the same thing, it would be epic.

multiplayer would be amazing ! they say they dont want to sacrifice anything in single player. but i dont see why they dont just make single player and multiplayer a totally separate thing. like, theres single player, where your the only dragon born.. then there multiplayer, where you say fu** the story and being dragonborns (dont get me wrong i love the story line, lots.) and lets all live in skyrim together, and kill dragons.. and eachother possibly, and loot the dead bodys ! or go on hunts and what clear caves partnered up.

Exactly!!!

ed52

This is actually very do-able. You couldn't just run around the game (geeky kid mode) killing everbody. Your name would eventually become red and you're branded as a criminal/murderer. You couldn't go to any towns as the guards would kill/arrest on sight. One of the fun things for "good" people with blue names would be to get together posses to hunt down murderers. It would take the motive out of "hey it's cool to run around and kill everyone."

iamFaded

yeah, think about this way. call of duty, does the story line interfere with multiplayer ? no, they are 2 totally different things. multiplayer needs no story. just make it that way with skyrim, but maybe make it possible to move your character to the online version. and also you could make like an extra little city with a bunch of houses, like a community, so we can all live in our own place, because if were gunna be killin eachother, and lootin our bodies, i dont wanna keep all my stuff on me ! haha. or make it like runescape, where theres a certain half of the map, where if you cross that line, your killable to other players, but before that line, you cant kill eachother.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts