Skyrim on PS4 and Xbox One

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bats

Would you welcome Skyrim on the Xbox One and PS4? I'd welcome it, even though I doubt it'll ever happen especially with Elder Scrolls Online happening. But it could still be ported over. Can you imagine how beautiful it would be to see Skyrim on either console.

Fighter X

It can be done for sure, but I think Bethesda and company want to focus more on ESO than anything right now. A skyrim port to the PS4 and Xbox One would be great though, it would be graphically superior in every way because it wont have problems showing all of the high res texture and all that mumbo jumbo.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It is my understanding that Skyrim will be available for the PS4 by digital download within the 1st year of release. Sony hopes to have approximately 90% of PS3 titles available by the end of 2014 and expects to have about 60% of PS2 titles by mid 2015. No word on original PS games though.

Clau

The Fateless One

Israel

I would rather them focus on a new Fallout or new Elder Scrolls (not the online one, a new single player one) than on porting over a game I've already played

Daelon DuLac

While I'm looking forward to the PS3, to me it's rather pointless to speculate if they will port things over to the PS4. It's not like I'm getting rid of my PS3 and, on my 60" hi-def TV, Skyrim looks just fine to me. Sure it would be nice to do it on PC so I could get all the lighting and texture mods, but I'm not complaining. It's still the best looking game I've ever played.

Daelon DuLac

I would rather them focus on a new Fallout or new Elder Scrolls (not the online one, a new single player one) than on porting over a game I've already played
Never played Fallout, but, since y'all have mentioned it and I've seen it many times at my local gamestop am wondering on a scale of 1 to 10 how y'all that play SR think it rates?

jarif

It can be done for sure, but I think Bethesda and company want to focus more on ESO than anything right now. A skyrim port to the PS4 and Xbox One would be great though, it would be graphically superior in every way because it wont have problems showing all of the high res texture and all that mumbo jumbo.

Zenimax

Israel

Never played Fallout, but, since y'all have mentioned it and I've seen it many times at my local gamestop am wondering on a scale of 1 to 10 how y'all that play SR think it rates?
11, fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time.

Daelon DuLac

I only hesitate because I loathe shooters (which is weird since I always play archers and crossbowers and isn't that basically a shooter?) and I am not one for post apocolyptic or modern day fun. I just enjoy the magic & mayhem genre (although I can get in to Batman sometimes). I will have to give it a try though since everyone who plays SR certainly seems to like it.

Israel

I only hesitate because I loathe shooters (which is weird since I always play archers and crossbowers and isn't that basically a shooter?) and I am not one for post apocolyptic or modern day fun. I just enjoy the magic & mayhem genre (although I can get in to Batman sometimes). I will have to give it a try though since everyone who plays SR certainly seems to like it.
Based on what you said I think you would enjoy Dungeon Siege 3, I just bought it yesterday for $10 at GameStop and it's pretty fun. If you don't like the post apocalyptic shooters then you may not like Fallout 3, but it's worth a shot and pretty cheap nowadays

Daelon DuLac

Based on what you said I think you would enjoy Dungeon Siege 3, I just bought it yesterday for $10 at GameStop and it's pretty fun. If you don't like the post apocalyptic shooters then you may not like Fallout 3, but it's worth a shot and pretty cheap nowadays
I believe I tried dungeon siege and, because it's one of those stupid overhead games, I didn't go for it. I think I'll try fallout though. with all the points I've got racked up at gamestop, I get free games all the time.

Israel

I believe I tried dungeon siege and, because it's one of those stupid overhead games, I didn't go for it. I think I'll try fallout though. with all the points I've got racked up at gamestop, I get free games all the time.
I don't really mind the overhead camera thing. Also, is the power up rewards thing at GameStop worth it? I was thinking about getting it when I go pick up dragon age 2 next week

Daelon DuLac

I don't really mind the overhead camera thing. Also, is the power up rewards thing at GameStop worth it? I was thinking about getting it when I go pick up dragon age 2 next week
For me it has been. I regularly get 40, 50% discounts on new games and free used games. I even have a coupon for $100 off on the PS4 when it comes out. Of course I've had it for probably 10 years now so I regularly have at least 30K in points. Even at lower levels (7 or 8K) you can get some cool swag.

Israel

For me it has been. I regularly get 40, 50% discounts on new games and free used games. I even have a coupon for $100 off on the PS4 when it comes out. Of course I've had it for probably 10 years now so I regularly have at least 30K in points. Even at lower levels (7 or 8K) you can get some cool swag.
I guess I'll try it out, it's only like $15 or something

Fenix09

I just wonder if you would have to start a whole new game over or just import it over... cause i want it for ps4 but i have skyrim for 360

Daelon DuLac

I am looking forward to Skyrim on the PS4. My friend at SONY tells me that they need to iron out some issues with Bethesda before they get it up there (it will be electronic download - basically the Legendary addition). He says it should be at some point in late 2014 and that they are working on the older TES releases as well, but it doesn't look like they will be until 2015-2016 cycle as there are some programming issues. On the plus side, TES Online should be available in Q2 so we have that. :)

jarif

I am looking forward to Skyrim on the PS4. My friend at SONY tells me that they need to iron out some issues with Bethesda before they get it up there (it will be electronic download - basically the Legendary addition). He says it should be at some point in late 2014 and that they are working on the older TES releases as well, but it doesn't look like they will be until 2015-2016 cycle as there are some programming issues. On the plus side, TES Online should be available in Q2 so we have that. :)

Not to mention Fallout 4

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts