Skyrim on PC, what to expect?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Nah, not at 60. It differs for me depending on location and all the items near me, but it generally takes at least and usually 90+ for the poltergeist stuff to happen.

I use some textures that are AT LEAST 2k in resolution, and most of those textures are located indoors or near the entrance of a dungeon/cave. For cave textures specifically, I use Hectrol's 4K retexture. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29145/?

That generally keeps my FPS from going /too/ crazy in interiors. I have a pretty high end GPU though, so that might not be necessary for everyone.

I also recommend an FPS limiter as opposed to V-Sync, if someone's having issues related to high FPS.

I hope Bethesda fixes these issues in Fallout 4

JoeReese

Oh...my...God, the graphics!!!!

JoeReese

I truly and miserably suck at the controls though. My right hand is on the left mouse, left hand on the right mouse, and I keep attacking things I mean to pick up. LOL No mods yet...just trying to get used to it first. Then it's on. Working on buying Hjerim, and then we'll see where the house mods get me.

Manmangler

And if You are just too familiar with playing controller, wired Xbox360 pad is good in PC Skyrim.

JoeReese

I've been on PS3 up til now, so I suspect I'll do better with that. Picking one up this week.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts