Skyrim Monster Mod taken down?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tizerist

dogtown, don't suppose you've got the New Vegas Momod v10 have you? I've travelled the world looking for it! /:
Thank you

dogtown1

its being rebuilt for both ModDB and VGU

but the original is still on VGU, check the above post that has the VGU link

azxcvbnm321

Hey dogtown, I enjoy your mods a lot, your Oblivion monster mod is one of the top mods of the game I've used. It finally makes Oblivion somewhat of a challenge, though it's not too hard to make it frustrating. But after reading the messages here that show why you were banned, I would have to agree with Nexus. If you include copyrighted content or other modder's work into your own mod, Nexus could be sued for hosting your "pirated" stuff. Besides that I don't think it's right for you to take other people's work without their permission. You are obviously a very talented modder, 99% of the stuff is your own, can't you just remove the copyrighted content and other people's mods and use your own stuff like you do 99% of the time?

I'm playing Skyrim the first time through and so with no mods other than the graphic ones, that's what I usually do with games the first playthrough. The second one I'll be using extensive mods and your Skyrim mod was one I was going to install for sure. I know it's easy for me to say because I'm not the one spending hundreds of hours modding the game, but can't you just take out the stuff that was borrowed from others and create your own so that there won't be anymore problems in the future? Thanks.

dogtown1

the oblivion mod you mentioned was created by another author

as for using mesh and textures from different games..this is nothing new and done on a regular basis

the magic trick is where you upload the mod to, ... the nexus does not allow mods that use meshes and textures from other video games without the permission of the original game producer
but this again is nothing new, you can find a version of skymomod v12 at the nexus that contains no ported content, and you can find the full version with everything at "ModDB" here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/skymomod-v12

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts