Skyrim mods with a 360 controller question

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JimmyCyprus

Hey guys I am new to steam. I’ve been a console gamer all my life but I wanna try out the pc gaming thing for the mods. My first game is going to be skyrim legendary edition and I plan to play it with a 360 controller(since I am not comfortable with a mouse and keyboard) through big picture mode on my tv(although the steam store website doesn’t say anything about controller support I’ve read somewhere you can enable this option in game) but my question is if I install some mods(moonpath to elsweyr is going to be the first) will I be able to play them with a 360 controller?(I alredy bought the xbox 360 controller 4 windows)

Your feedback is appreciated guys!

xsneakyxsimx

There is an option in the 'gameplay' menu specifically about using a controller for PC, but there is a disadvantage of not having as many hotkey options (2 with a controller vs. 8 with a keyboard), but if you plan to use a controller, by all means. :)

I have no real experience with mods affecting usage of controllers, but I imagine that any mods dealing with changing the interface might have an effect, but all other should, in theory, be okay.

JimmyCyprus

Thanks 4 the reply! i already have this game on the x360 and i loved every minute of it. but i want to try the mods of this game which some of them look awesome! I prefer a controller which i am used to but I dont know, is mouse and keyboard realy that hard to get used to?

xsneakyxsimx

I find them easy to use, but I never played a lot of similar games with a controller. It's certainly not as precise as using a controller, but it still does the job well, I'd say.

AS88

Staff member
I've been wondering about this, too. Would a controller & keyboard combination be possible? i.e. using the controller for controls and stuff, and the keyboard for hotkeys? I've always been a console gamer, and I'm not sure I'd want to play with just a mouse.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I play the PC version with a controller, I don't like the mouse/keyboard combo and I've never encountered any problems at all with any mods. It works fine :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts