Skyrim Markarth Bug (Please read!)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TJDguy

Follow the train, CJ! To Skyrim!
Hey guys. I have a very annoying problem here. I'm sure a few of you guys have been to Cidna...Cedna.....whatever the mine is called. It happens after searching for the killer of a woman in front of the shop when you enter Markarth.

After a while of doing small quests, you will be arrested by guards, and sent to Cidna Mine. You break out with the Foresworn, and move on. Here is where the bug occurs.

Recently, I was sent on a mission to Markarth involving blackmailing someone. When I got there, a guard came running up to me and told me I had been committing murder throughout the city.......what? This is the same thing the other guards had told me when I was thrown in the mine. I attempted a few times to leave the guards alone and evade the problem. Nope. Every time a guard spots me, the say the same thing. It would be fine, except if you're talking to someone (i.e blackmailing the person), they start attacking, along with anyone else around them.

I've attempted to evade this problem with no luck so far. If anyone here has any info or solutions on this, I would be happy to know.

EDIT: I just realized this can happen with other people too. I guess I'll have to wait till it's patched.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You mean Markarth, not Morthal, right?

I can change the title if this is the case.

TJDguy

Follow the train, CJ! To Skyrim!
I'm on the Xbox, which kinda sucks, because It is the only system (I think) with this bug.

John82

I'm having the same problem. After doing the "NO ONE ESCAPES CIDHNA MINE" quest, is when it all starts. Is there a patch?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm having the same problem. After doing the "NO ONE ESCAPES CIDHNA MINE" quest, is when it all starts. Is there a patch?

Skimming through the release notes for the 1.4 patch, I don't see anything related to Cidnha Mine (but I also haven't had coffee yet). The patch does include several quest bugs, however. Did you read the page link I posted above, John? Are you also on Xbox?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I have seen this issue pop up a lot n the forums. I have avoided this quest so far, can't be bothered to stash all my gear.

From what I've read, if you submit and let them arrest you, it should be fixed.

Ramon

I have seen this issue pop up a lot n the forums. I have avoided this quest so far, can't be bothered to stash all my gear.

From what I've read, if you submit and let them arrest you, it should be fixed.
It doesnt if you tell them to take you to jail nothing happens at all and they still try to arrest you.

Ramon

because of this i cant do any missions in Markarth. Anyone have a fix. I've heard theres a certain gaurd you should talk to but how do you find him.

omac0101

because of this i cant do any missions in Markarth. Anyone have a fix. I've heard theres a certain gaurd you should talk to but how do you find him.
I had the same problem for a long time but after the 1.4 patch (on ps3) I returned to Markarth and was approached by a guard. I killed the first guard and when I was attacked by the other guards I sheethed my weapon. They then gave me the option to pay the fine (which was around 30000 gold from killing a bunch of guards out of frustration on an earlier playthrough). I chose to pay it and it was fixed! i can now enter Markarth no problem. Hope this helps.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Are people reporting this problem absolutely sure they did not engage in the fighting when the Forsworn broke out?

I did not even draw my weapons and used invisibilty potions through some of it, never had an issue with the guards after.

The other thing to try would be to actually submit and let them take you to jail rather than offer to pay the fine.
They have to imprison you to trigger the Cihdna Mine quest , so maybe they are stuck in that mode.

omac0101

Are people reporting this problem absolutely sure they did not engage in the fighting when the Forsworn broke out?

I did not even draw my weapons and used invisibilty potions through some of it, never had an issue with the guards after.

The other thing to try would be to actually submit and let them take you to jail rather than offer to pay the fine.
They have to imprison you to trigger the Cihdna Mine quest , so maybe they are stuck in that mode.
The problem is the bug occurs after the cihdna mine quest. If you fight your way out of the mine, then return to Markarth, the options are still there ( jail, fine, fight). The problem is the guards will not accept the fine payment or jail time options so your only choice is to fight your way out of the city and expect to be greeted with hostility by the guards when you return. As I stated in my earlier post the 1.4 patch seems to have fixed this bug (for me) by sheething your sword and paying the fine. I'm not sure if people who did not fight there way out of the mine are reporting this problem.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts