Xbox 360 Skyrim loading very very very very slow....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Should I put my skyrim into my HDD?

• Total voters
It has been almost 2 hours and im still stuck with the loading screen ._.
i haven't played skyrim for almost one week ( cause i got mw3, ac, and other games to play ), so when i tried to play it today, it got stuck with the loading screen, I havent installed it into my HDD cause they say the textures are bad with it being on the HDD, and it is also updated (Kinect Patch? i guess?) into the latest version of skyrim which is 1.7 i think... Anywhore, I tried playing a new game, but it still gets stuck on the loading screen, i dont know what happened, maybe it's my xbox, or other things that i may not have any information about. so, if you guys would be kind enough to help me with this problem, Then Thank you.

My loading times are still pretty long, but installing it to my hard drive has noticeably reduced it.
I've never had it be stuck loading for 2 hours though... even loading for 2 minutes is alarmingly long. :confused:
Are you sure it's loading and not frozen? Or maybe the disk has a scratch on it?

Aurora

This happened to me too. I haven't play skyrim for about a month (busy with assassins creed series), and when i start to play again, loading screen took a hell for about 1 hours. I decided to continue play AC again, but the next day i start playing skyrim again, it was fine. Maybe get better processor would help.

VirussxD

It seems to be console just does this randomly. My PS3 would just randomly decide to refuse to load certain days. (One of the reasons I switched to PC) And even when it did load, ANYTIME i went through a doorway or something, it would take another 10 minutes.

JClarke1953

I've noticed on my 360 that it takes what seems to be an overly long time to load, go through door's, respawn after being killed, etc. and I have only one other game that I've played (Reckoning, and I'm 85% done with it). I also use a 56" Bravia, and the XBox is connected to a Sony 3D Blue Surround Sound. The Eye candy is out of site, but I don't understand why such a slow load. I hate to see what'll happen when I begin Hearthfire (which took only a couple of minutes to dl).

Medea

The Shadow Queen
You should always do a full download to your HDD with all your xbox games if you have the space. It cuts load times almost in half and saves wear on the disc. And the textures still look the same. The only problem with the xbox is you still have to use the disc to play the game(s). It's a safeguard against someone buying the disc and letting all his friends download it and get it for free.

JClarke1953

Oh, it is fully dl'd to my 360. Even when I used a desktop to game, I always made sure it was fully dl'd. Yesterday I had a serious skipping/stalling problem, and it took me an hour to knock off some Forsworn Bandits. It didn't matter if I was in Vamp or Dragonborn. So, I made my way up the side of the area, avoiding the stairway, and had much better luck. I was mainly trying to get another perk for my Vamp, and I have only 2 left.

I'm also wondering that when I finish the Vamp perks, that maybe i can send Serana home. Also am wondering if as a Vampire/Dragonborn that I can "adopt". Too bad the little girl Vampire in the Dark Brotherhood can't be adopted, lol!

Oh, I also wonder if my connection to the Internet my be part of the skip/stall problem? Or, maybe it was just the area.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts