Skyrim Loading Screen Freezing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Znowcicle

Chimera~
I've only been playing Skyrim for a short time, less than 100 hours, and I've run into a problem with no known (to me anyways) fix.

Every time I click on my saved game, from the start menu, it will go to the loading screen and load for a little bit; a second little fact with come up in the corner replacing the one before it, and then it just freezes all of a sudden. I can't bring up the Xbox Dashboard, or turn off the Xbox from my controller. It's like it freezes the Xbox itself and it's only on this saved game (there are other gamer profiles with perfectly fine saved games with more playing time on them).

I've cleared the system's cache, there is no accumulative saved games (which I'm not sure is a bad thing or a good thing by this point), and I even tried this "trick" I read, that worked for others, in which you turn the controller off when it freezes and it's supposed to make the console "think" past the freeze telling you that you need to reconnect the controller.

I've come too far in the game, in my short time playing, to completely start over and I have no idea what to do now.

So I want to know, is there any known fix for this, or am I just S.O.L?

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.

EDIT: I've noticed today that when I go through the process to begin the game, and it initially gets to the loading screen, it lags and then starts the smoke and other effects.

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
This Game Freezes quite frequently for alot of people.Have you tried just to stop playing for a half an hour or so then return to skyrim.?Seems work for me when this happens.Doing this gives ur system/game time to cool down a bit.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Though I can see why you might think that, it does it freshly after I turn it on. I've tried multiple times every other day since about last week when this started, but it persists to freeze at the exact same moment every time I attempt.

chefchek

I just encountered the exact same issue yesterday evening. It freezes when loading a game, about 3-5 seconds into it. I've tried loading earlier saves, starting a new game, clearing the cache .... nothing works, just freezes up at the same point. The only solution I got from Bethsoft was to clear the cache or buy a new disk .......... If you come up with a new solution, please post

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Bethsoft's solutions don't help either of us very much, huh? Seeing as the disk is fine and clearing the cache doesn't work, but I believe you already knew that much. I will, most definitely, post anything I find that works though.

Thank you for adding your input!

Znowcicle

Chimera~
I've cleared the system cache a number of times, the game cache, and I know for sure it is not the disk because it works fine for the other people playing it. I've read a lot about the loading screen just freezing when people are traveling, but I haven't seen much about it just immediately freezing right when you first try to load your saved game. Which is frustrating...
A lot of people would also say, "Get the patch! It'll fix everything!" But from past experience, the patches actually make more problems than they cause...*sigh*

Snowwolf

I have the same issue and have been very frustrated. I tried clearing out both caches, it didn't work. I read that if you load a new game you can try loading your saved game from the new game. This didn't work for me because when I brought up the menu there was no option to save or load other games. Also, as soon as the cart gets to the town and stops, nothing else happens. The characters are still moving but no one is talking and nothing else happens. The game is stuck there but not totally frozen. And, again, there is no option to load my other game. I spent so many hours on this game I don't want to start over. Oh, and it looks like I can't start over even if I wanted to. Someone help!

I've only been playing Skyrim for a short time, less than 100 hours, and I've run into a problem with no known (to me anyways) fix.

Every time I click on my saved game, from the start menu, it will go to the loading screen and load for a little bit; a second little fact with come up in the corner replacing the one before it, and then it just freezes all of a sudden. I can't bring up the Xbox Dashboard, or turn off the Xbox from my controller. It's like it freezes the Xbox itself and it's only on this saved game (there are other gamer profiles with perfectly fine saved games with more playing time on them).

I've cleared the system's cache, there is no accumulative saved games (which I'm not sure is a bad thing or a good thing by this point), and I even tried this "trick" I read, that worked for others, in which you turn the controller off when it freezes and it's supposed to make the console "think" past the freeze telling you that you need to reconnect the controller.

I've come too far in the game, in my short time playing, to completely start over and I have no idea what to do now.

So I want to know, is there any known fix for this, or am I just S.O.L?

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.

EDIT: I've noticed today that when I go through the process to begin the game, and it initially gets to the loading screen, it lags and then starts the smoke and other effects.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
I never found a solution, but perhaps you will have better luck. Since then I've made new characters on a different Xbox (because the one that was having the problem was taken from me) and I haven't run into the problem since. Good luck to you though. Perhaps if you find the answer you could tell me what you did to fix it?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts