skyrim level cap on legendary edition.questions..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
I am a little bit backward because I am not updated enough on the skyrim level cap.
Okay do I have to update my difficulty setting to legendary to raise above the supposed to level cap which was 81?
I know way by now the level cap 81 has been romoved because I have the legendary edition on P.C including all DLC.

I really want to explore skyrim like I never did before on P.C .

should I be able to raise above 81 which is no longer a level cap as it's been removed?

Also with skyrim remastered on next gen console the level 81 level cap has been removed.
I believe it's an update that has removed the level 81 level cap .

please update me on this .

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
Level cap's been removed even on Xbox 360/PS3. I think the max level to get all the perks is around 255, and that's for every system the game is available on.

jonathan90

well known member
Level cap's been removed even on Xbox 360/PS3. I think the max level to get all the perks is around 255, and that's for every system the game is available on.
255 is all the skyrim perks, wow!!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Changes in Legendary edition:

-Level Cap has been removed. However, there have been reports that the highest is around level 250 achieved. I could be wrong though.

In case of turning skills to Legendary:

-Skills must reach a peak of level 100. Then there will be a Skyrim symbol on the bottom, indicating it can be 'releveled' and be of the 'legendary' class. EDIT: Skills can be releveled more than once. See down on the bottom why Legendary difficulty is recommended.

-You do NOT have to always be on Legendary difficulty. That rumor spread wildly and it was a misinterpretation. What many people meant was this:

"Legendary difficulty is introduced. This can be playable by difficult but extremely hard. But skills can now be enhanced and releveled into legendary status."

In other words, you are not obligated to change the difficulty to "legendary" right off the bat in order to unlock or relevel skills. This is more of a bonus difficulty added. However, many players love to come up with "legendary" challenges, including getting skills to legendary status.

Many people believe that, once you do get your skills sets into legendary status, that you should be able to, or SHOULD regardless, play on "legendary difficulty" because the game becomes too easy then otherwise on lesser difficulty.

Overall, it's a new skill system and level cap eliminator, with a new difficulty setting for added fun. It's nothing to worry about.

jonathan90

well known member
skyrim game is really Huge game and it's just great they removed the level cap for good which was 81.
I am so happy also I can reset my perks on one skill and change them to another skill.
Because it really gives the play free choice with perks.

I am going to be playing this game for a very long time.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
There's a level cap on Skyrim? Tell that to my level 230 thief. She'll be very disappointed.

Kidding. There's no level cap and hasn't been for a very long time. Sometimes I wish there was though. By the time you get in the 100's you're so OP it's ridunculous.

jonathan90

well known member
so when you get to 100 say in one handed there is no maxing out? you can keep going higher above level 100 in one handed and you will still get increases on that one handed at level 100?

Daelon DuLac

so when you get to 100 say in one handed there is no maxing out? you can keep going higher above level 100 in one handed and you will still get increases on that one handed at level 100?
No. Once you reach 100 in any particular skill, you stop there unless you make it "Legendary", which resets your skill back to 15 and you start over. I thought you were talking about actual leveling, not skills. Sorry

Mwhals

A skill can not be over 100 even if you make it legendary. An exception is if you have an item that boosts the skill like a piece of armor giving +25 to light armor. Light armor would show up as a green 125 if you had it maxed out at 100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jonathan90

well known member
No. Once you reach 100 in any particular skill, you stop there unless you make it "Legendary", which resets your skill back to 15 and you start over. I thought you were talking about actual leveling, not skills. Sorry
No skills is leveling mean't to say . or I could be incorrect?
if it's skills based it's level based? or is this a total different logic?

Daelon DuLac

No skills is leveling mean't to say .
Sorry if I confused. The posts following mine were much more helpful.

jonathan90

well known member
No skills is leveling mean't to say .
Sorry if I confused. The posts following mine were much more helpful.
okay all cool we will just focus on levels not skills my bad.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts