1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Skyrim Legendary Edition??... Is this true?

Discussion in 'Skyrim News' started by Clau, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ShangTsung Active Member

Message Count:
    so on legendary edition you still have to install the dlc? wow that really sucks.. glad i read about this before buying it, i would have been pissed to learn that all i got was another regular version of the game.. they should seriously make this more clear cause a lot of people probably paid 60 bucks for it thinking the same damn thing.
  2. utael Member

Message Count:
    Shang no, When you buy legendary you get two discs, One has Skyrim, the other has the DLC you get those with legendary. What was described above as F2P is someone taking that second disc and hosting it on the web (illegally) and letting people download it for free.
  3. ShangTsung Active Member

Message Count:
    so if one version is the "complete" version with dlc, why would they even bother giving an extra copy without it? seems kinda pointless.. :confused:
  4. utael Member

Message Count:
    its not legal, its illegal copies on the internet making it so you don't have to buy skyrim legendary edition or the DLC's
  5. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    Disc 1:
    -vanilla Skyrim updated to version 1.9

Disc 2:
    -Brings you to a menu to install each of the 3 DLCs
    -This is also a good way to share the DLC with friends who don't have it, as all you have to do is install the DLC from the disc on their Xbox

Typically games do this when they release add on packs, ultimate editions, or goty, then those get ripped and uploaded so people can download them.

Borderlnds 1 & 2 are examples of addon packs
    Dragon Age Origins is an example of Ultimate Editions
    Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, and Oblivion are good examples of GOTY games that did this (here's an unboxing of Skyrim Legendary so you can see how it works)

There has also been instances of arcade games going the same route, like the Worms series

These files typically either get ripped or just copied from the hard drive once they are installed over to a USB, then they are uploaded to a site, and then downloaded by many people.

(Also, all of these links are either to Amazon or YouTube)
  6. ShangTsung Active Member

Message Count:
    ohh... so its NOT on disk dlc? you still need another disk to install it.. thats freakin lame, i dunno why some devs have such a problem with just adding the dlc to the disk, "Borderlands" proved it can be done, so theirs no excuse.
  7. Mwhals Active Member

Message Count:
    On the PS3, it is all on one disk, but you still have to install the DLCs on the hard drive.
  8. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    No it didn't.
    They just gave individual codes for their DLC (in their GOTY) , so you would have to have Xbox Live (or internet connection) to redeem them, needless to say that pissed people off.
  9. ShangTsung Active Member

Message Count:
    whaa... my guess is you must have bought the earlier GOTY version of borderlands "which they did release early on with the codes an all" but later they included it all on disk with no codes needed, just pop in disk an play, which is the version i have. o_0
  10. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    Looked it up, and I guess it was soon after the GOTY edition was released that Gearbox put all the DLC on the disc after some severe backlash.

Also, Morrowind was the only game I ever bought that was a GOTY.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Metal Rooster New Member

Message Count:
    So the Legendary Edition is on one disc on the PS3 version, two discs on the 360 version, but what about the PC Version?
  12. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    Looks like one disc from the unboxing video.
  13. Toshiro Member

Message Count:
    I am downloading the Legendary edition from Steam. I have a crap connection (avg. 1Mb/sec) so it is still DLing.
    Do I have to install the DLCs separately? I had no Skyrim before this.
    Finally after watching culveyhouse for more than a year, will I be able to play.
  14. Lady Imp Rabid Wolverine

Message Count:
    To my knowledge, Steam will install it for you. I've never had to actually go in and install anything I've downloaded through them.

Sent when I should probably be working instead...
  15. shadowkitty Mistress of Shadows

Message Count:
    Personally I love having the DLC's on a separate disc. All three xboxes in our house came with skyrim downloadable game, and now we can all have the DLC's for just the one price.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Austin Chaos Member

Message Count:
    PS3 is one disc. As stated above, a disc with DLC on it is awesome for sharing with friends/family, and also for actually owning a hard copy of the DLC (For example, if you lose access to the profile that purchased downloadable content, you lose access to that content. Disc based, however, lets you still use your DLC).

Anyway, Legendary Edition is marketed towards late-comers anyway. The company assumes that if you already owned vanilla Skyrim, you probably owned the DLC as well.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. shadowkitty Mistress of Shadows

Message Count:
    Exactly. I am one of those latecomers to the DLC's and was extremely excited when I found this Legendary edition.
  18. Toshiro Member

Message Count:
    Yes, Steam did install all the DLCs. Can I disable the DLCs? I kind of want to do most of the Skyrim quests before starting on the DLCs.
  19. Pendalyn Very Dangerous Nobody

Message Count:
    i've been playing legendary difficulty, figured it was always there. may be it came as part of one of the DLC's I have?
  20. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    You don't really have to disable the DLCs to play the main quest of Skyrim. If you have them, you will have some extra items and functionality generally available. When you make level 10, you'll get the message for Dawnguard and it will put the quest in your journal. Dragonborn will start with an attack by some Cultists, but once you get the journal entry, you don't have to follow up on it until you want to. Hearthfire is an environmental add-on.