PC Skyrim Lag Help ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Eldkaugh

I recently downloaded Skyrim , but once i play for 10 or so minutes it's just a mighty lag fest . Can anyone give me a hand with figuring out my problem ,

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Please post your hardware specifications (CPU, System Memory (RAM), and video card), your OS (Windows XP, Vista, 7 etc.), your graphics settings including resolution, and any mods you are using.

monsterxbeast

Open up your C:\ drive, and locate the folder you installed Skyrim to. Click on the The elder scrolls v skyrim, then the skyrim folder. Find the SkyrimPrefs.ini, and open it with Notepad. Scroll down unitl you see "iMaxDecalsPerFrame=10". Enter a line under it and type in "iPresentInterval=0". Then scroll down until you see "bMouseAcceleration=1" above "[Particles]". Change the =1 to an =0. Then save and exit. If it asks you where to save, then sav it to your Desktop. Then, drag and drop it back in the folder you found it, and replace the original. Finnally go to Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community and search for "Vanilla Reduced Textures". Download the loose version. Drag all the files inside this file, into your Data folder for Skyrim. Then lower your resolution, and play. You shouldn't have ANY lag. If you still lag too much to play, then your computer just can't play it. If this was confusing, don't worry. I'll be posting video tutorial tomorrow on YouTube. Beastly Tutorials - YouTube

Arcano1881

Master Illusionist
I have the same problem, but my graphics card is really inferior to rec. stats search "pc optimization" for some help.

heyevery10

hey i posted on another thread but just in case ill post on this one im experiencing major lag and these are my specs

windows 7
Intel Core i5 processor 3450
AMD Radeon HD 7350 1024 MB
2tb of memory
16gb ram

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts