Skyrim is Radically Remade as a New Game in Enderal Total Conversion Mod

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Enderal is an ambitious total conversion mod for Skyrim that seeks to graft a completely new game, with a new story, locations and enemies, onto the Skyrim engine. As you can see from the video above, only hints of Skyrim are recognizable in the final project, with the whole thing taking on a different look and feel.

Bethesda recently interviewed Johannes and Nicolas, the respective Munich-based project lead and creative director for Sure AI, the modding group behind the project.

The pair said the game has been in the planning stages since before Skyrim was released in 2011, and they started as soon as the creation kit was released. Currently 14 people are working on Enderal as part of its core team, with volunteers adding to the project.

Enderal is designed to have different look and feel than Skyrim, with more European and German architecture. According to Nicholas, the things that make Enderal "radically different" than Skyrim are its mature story that focuses on politics, philosophy and psychology and its leveling system, which doesn't include any kind of scaling, but does allow players to earn XP for various actions including exploring and dialogue choices.

"While fans of Skyrim will also like Enderal, it is different. You could say that it is a traditional RPG mixed with hand-crafted design and a beautiful, open world to explore, tactical and challenging combat, and an emotional, psychological story that differs from the usual," Nicholas said.

Nicholas and Johannes said they didn't want to give any concrete dates on when Enderal will be released, but said it is in the final stages of development.

You can read the full interview here.
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

Onyx Black

Lord of Onyx
Interesting - I'm fine as long as I don't have to argue Politics with Boethia when I should be slitting throats and making Meridia hate me for resurrecting recently dead people.

Also I think Skyrim needs more mind tricks and little games to annoy and confuse you, thieves guild for example, they ought to have the classical "Is it right to steal" esque thing going on while at the same time figuring out the madness which is Sheogorath and also thinking "Are the mad ones as cheery as him? Or just the luck ones?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts