Skyrim is a VGA GOTY finalist

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cole

Mythik
Batman also offers much better value because it has so much replay value, New Game +, the Challenge Maps, and all the Riddler Trophy's, not to mention Catwoman if you have that DLC.
It is a very well done game and will give Skyrim more competition then the others. Uncharted might, but I haven't played it yet, so I can't say.

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
Skyrim will definitely win. I'm surprised COD MW3 and BF3 aren't on there. I'm so sick of those games getting so much attention. All it is is souped up graphics and running around and shooting people for hours on end. Two ways of playing: camping and charging. Skyrim will have so many different ways of playing. Replayability is a definite 10/10. Multiplayer? Bah who cares. TES games are the best on your own. Imagine playing a thief character with your friend who is a battle mage. That would suck. Either your friend would charge in and kill everything or he'll clank around in his heavy armor and get you both caught.

Cole

Mythik
That would suck lol. The other games get a lot of hype because it is fun to just go and have stupid fun on Modern Warfare and kill everything, I've been there, and I enjoy it still every now and then. I don't want MW3 winning anything over Skyrim or Batman though..

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I am surprised too that Battlefield 3 is not there, or CoD. Battlefield 3 is awesome, if you play in squad and you have ventrilo, or similar program, to speak and do your tactics. Right now game is a bit unbalanced and you see a LOT of mortar/rpg spam, regardless of server. CoD's have been quite consolized, so they wouldn't win.
My points go to BF3 because it's mainly desinged for PC and then ported to consoles. Difference is huge, and it does what was expected of Crysis 2. However, strictly scripted single player tunnel shooter is a disappointment for most of people.

Cole

Mythik
Battlefield 3 and the series in general is more tactics based and team based then CoD. I had a ton of fun on battlefield 3 mulitplayer, but sometimes you just wanna run around in a smaller map and get tons of kills, CoD provides that better then Battlefield.

BF however has waaayyyy better graphics, the lighting is a bit overdone though.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
. I had a ton of fun on battlefield 3 mulitplayer, but sometimes you just wanna run around in a smaller map and get tons of kills, CoD provides that better then Battlefield.

Like in Nuketown? Ughh... it has broken maps and unbalanced weapons. People just run around hip-shooting everything that moves. I remember being kicked from one server because of camping. Enemies were basically running towards and I was in small corridor without being able to do nothing but shoot them, and proceed slowly forwards. That was the last nail on coffin.

Cole

Mythik
I hatedddd Black ops. It was such a terrible game in my opinion. MW2 had its problems yes, but i had more fun on that then I ever did on Black ops. Almost everything about Black ops disappointed me actually. I do have higher hopes for MW3 because it does look like MW2, but they seemed to put a lot more work into the perks and stuff, so I hope that it all works out.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Sorry to disappoint you, but Activision is going to kill CoD series like they killed Guitar Hero. They're going to appeal for consolites, which in turn bores most of pc gamers. In addition, CoD seems to attract trolling pre-teen audiance. I don't mind if someone messages "OMGWTFDIELOLN00BHAHA", but it isn't a improvement either.

Cole

Mythik
To be honest, I enjoyed the story of MW2 and I look forward to how it ends in MW3. The pre-teens who scream and yell are the thing that makes CoD terrible, but I do have some awesome friends to play with that are mature and act their age.

Cod kinda died with black ops and WaW in my opinion, Treyarch didn't do what Infinity Ward did. I'll sadly be buying the next Cod after MW3, just because my friends are playing, it's a viscous cycle to be sure.

Flamingtaco

Well I'm a zelda fan myself but I think to a lot of people aroudn 15-18 its not really cool. For me zelda is kinda stupid at times when it takes itself too seriously but then has crazy weird japanese stuff, mailman in twilight princess, skyrim is more appealing to americans.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Well I'm a zelda fan myself but I think to a lot of people aroudn 15-18 its not really cool.

I don't hate Zelda, but windwaker was just boring at times. There you are, in the middle of ocean and you try to go from spot A to B. That's is going to take more time than the dungeon you're supposed to find on B. And when you finally get there, you realise "oh man, it's C where I have to go."
Well, every Zelda after N64 seems to have this boredom problem. And ever-spawning monsters. Yawn.

Flamingtaco

Im one of very few people who loves windwaker, its probaly my all time favorite game, and dislikes ocarina. Its probably because that was the first zelda i owned for long er than a week

Jeruhmi

Im one of very few people who loves windwaker, its probaly my all time favorite game, and dislikes ocarina. Its probably because that was the first zelda i owned for long er than a week
What do you mean you owned longer than a week? Don't you own it for a lot longer, lol?

Flamingtaco

Well i had ocarina on gc and minish cap on gba for a bout a week each butthey didnt really appeal to me so i traded for other games woth my friends. Actually i think i traded ocarina for a game which i then traded back for wind waler

Jeruhmi

Well i had ocarina on gc and minish cap on gba for a bout a week each butthey didnt really appeal to me so i traded for other games woth my friends. Actually i think i traded ocarina for a game which i then traded back for wind waler
Oh, I get what you're saying. I have never played the Zelda games, so... yeah.

Flamingtaco

You should try windwaker at some pointif you can get it. Its a classic and with the cartoony graphics style it ctually hokds up really well for a game from 2002 its lowres but thats all

Cole

Mythik
I think my girl pretty much said that the first Zelda game I was to play was Ocarina. I can't remember though, and I really don't want to bring that up with her...touchy subject xD

Flamingtaco

I don't really like ocarina. Some n64 games are ok but te controls are clunky and graphics obviously suck. Sound is a little lacking. I never got into it but thats just me. Countless people think its the best game of all time right up there eith final fantasy 7. If you want you could try it out on pc ussing an emulator and downloading the rom free although if you dont own the original game its tehnically considered piracy

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts