Skyrim is a VGA GOTY finalist

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Those should be relatively easy to beat. Good games but nothing as epic as Skyrim.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I don't get those Zeldas and Marios, why people get all excited about them. Really, I would raise my hat, if Nintendo would dig up grave six feet deep and dump both francises for good. I doubt that they can't offer anything new because of their limitation to have solidarity towards predecessors AND being a dead horse already gone bruises.

List has a way too much consolism for my taste.

Tusck

The original Zelda was awesome. The the first 3D Zelda, Ocarina of Time, on the N64 was so good. I didn;t like Twilight Princess very much. SO basically Zelda was great back in the day but it's run it's course.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Oh man. I vote for Skyrim but Batman is just... wow. It's like inFamous and GTA except you're the goddamn batman. My inner 9 year old is having a seizure from all the joy.

I don't get those Zeldas and Marios, why people get all excited about them. Really, I would raise my hat, if Nintendo would dig up grave six feet deep and dump both francises for good. I doubt that they can't offer anything new because of their limitation to have solidarity towards predecessors AND being a dead horse already gone bruises.

List has a way too much consolism for my taste.
Yeah, I think Nintendo overuse those franchise a little bit too much.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
But it seems like every Mario game that comes out is still a hit. I don't understand that.
That's the thing about franchises and sequels. It's a fail-safe formula. There are so many better platform action games out there and they are overshadowed by Mario. At least they come out with something new every time but it's just weird when they started making Mario RPG.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
ahaha that sounds awesome. Most of the mario games are actually pretty great. Mario party is probably a good one for drinking game too. Mario games will never be GOTY though.

Portal 2 is also a great candidate but content-wise, it doesn't have enough... At least they are going to update some more. The last DLC was AMAZING.

Tusck

Portal 2 was great, but it had the feeling of more of the same from Portal. Don't get me wrong, I loved portal, it was one of my favorite games ever, but there needs to be some building from one game to another. I have not played any of the DLC though, so that may have changed.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
there's only one DLC so far. they announced that they'll release it this summer but they ended up releasing on september or october. VALVE TIME. but the quality of the DLC was so good, I forgive them :] it's co-op only but it's definitely worth it <3 They also said that they are going to release a tool kit to design portal 2 puzzle level. from what they showed us, it looks amazing and simple. RPG is one thing but I love puzzle games. too bad they don't last really long :[ I was so excited when they said Skyrim will have puzzles in dungeons

Tusck

Yeah, I liked that they announced puzzles in dungeons, that is one of the things I liked about Ocarina of Time, great dungeon puzzles. At some point I'll probably try Batman because I liked the last one, but it depends on how good Skyrim is. I have a feeling that Skyrim will take this prize easily.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
But it seems like every Mario game that comes out is still a hit. I don't understand that.

My point exactly. I highly doubt that most of the game journalists are getting money from publishers or, like in the case of this one japanese magazine, are afraid of giving honest reviews, because it might have a negative effect on sales and publishers might get pissed off. Who remembers what happened with Duke Nukem Forever and DA2? THQ went ape-plops and Bioware got praise for their ´AAA´ rpg even though the game wasn't finished, but rushed in completion before deadline. That left game with half-assed repetitious landscapes and with an ending which doesn't make much sense.

Oh man. I vote for Skyrim but Batman is just... wow. It's like inFamous and GTA except you're the goddamn batman. My inner 9 year old is having a seizure from all the joy.

Yeah, being a superhero and wearing a leathermask has definitely it's own special aroma. Yesterday I tried out DC-UO, and it didn't feel on first impression crappy at all. Experience might have been different during launch, when there were enormous bugs. Hmm.. maybe I should go back to Arkham Asylum once again...

ps: off-topic, what do you guys think whom is the real alter-ego, Batman or Bruce Wayne?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I heard some mediocre reviews about DC-UO. I played City of Heroes for a month. I really liked it. I hear that it's going F2P or maybe it is now. Not sure but it's worth checking out.

To answer your question, I think Bruce Wayne is the alter-ego

Wow I tie between Skyrim and portal 2. I have portal 2 and I loved it but no replay value

I am going to pre order Skyrim

Which one to chose

Portal is platinum

I know Skyrim will to

My head is hurting :confused:

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
This might actually be part of it. Also, It's just like sports or political journalism, you can't really ask the hard questions a normal person would ask, because you probably won't be invited back, or be pushed to the back of the room.

That's one the main reasons why I try to ignore metacritic and most of what journalists are trying to get through. Luckily we have zero punctutation.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts